New Xiaomi aqara camera/gateway

Hello everyone. I have great news. Visit www.aqara.com and and message them. Ask for a downgrade of your firmware for your aqara camera to version 246. They will ask for your xiaomi user id. Afterwards they will connect to your camera and downgrade it online. My camera is back to version 246 and working with videop2proxy.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I’ve done as you suggested and now it works!

1 Like

Thank you! It is working!

Do anyone has any experience with the VideoP2Proxy in docker? I 've tried it but the result is terrible, the stream is always interrupted. Out of the docker on the Ubuntu the stream is quite acceptable but the VP2P would not be controlled from the HA. I use Hassio in Docker with Ubuntu 18.14 on a NUC with I5 and 8GB RAM, 120GB ssd.
If someone manged to run the VP2p smoothly please share the solution!

Hello, will try to do the same as you. So the desire firmware is 3.3.7_246… or is it 2.46… ? Thanks for your help!

Hello. It is the 3.3.7_246.

1 Like

Hi, I tried asking aqara for a downgrade but got this reply:
246 is for the Camera S1(picture attached), seems like people are confused. We do not recommend you make a downgrade,it will always has a risk.

(picture of older camera)

Currently,camera G2 is in China version only, we do not recommend you to get our China standard devices for use out of Mainland China, because they are for use within Mainland China which may not work as expected with your local infrastructure.

Yes 246 is for the older camera. As far as I know there is no solution for g2 as of now.

1 Like

Ooh I see. Should probably research more before late night shopping sprees :slight_smile: thankfully I only got one but it’s still a pricey paper weight. Thanks

1 Like

did you got the G2 camera token to streaming via RTSP?
Thanks

Same error on G2 camera:

videop2proxy --ip 192.168.0.5--token 4c6f6d45456673794a45667133353530 --rtsp 8554
Starting proxy...
Starting RTSP server on "rtsp://192.168.0.1:8554/"
(Using port 8000 for optional RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling.)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
KeyError: 'p2p_id'
Can't read output line 1 from command: python3 -c "import miio;result = miio.device.Device('192.168.0.103', '4c6f6d45456673794a45667133353530').send('get_ipcprop', ['all']);print(result['p2p_id']);print(result['avID']);print(result['avPass']);"
Error connecting to camera, make sure ip and token are correct.
Error, waiting 10 seconds and trying again.

Please help.

Nah, didn’t find any good use of it.

Has anyone been able to get the hub working in Home Assistant? I can get the Token but Home Assistant doesn’t pick it up

xiaomi_aqara:
  discovery_retry: 5
  gateways:
    - key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Token)
1 Like

i am having the same issue. only difference for me i have the=WiFi Light Bulbs.

hoping anyone has a fix

I have Aqara Camera Hub S1 (lumi.camera.aq1)
I asked support for downgrade to version 3.3.7_246 , but got refuse:

After confirming with Xiaomi technician.

Version 249 was released by Xiaomi, which has fixed some data formats to match Xiaomi’s big data statistics. Sorry to say we can not downgrade it.

By the way, the S1 Camera hub only officially sells in China.

We do not recommend China version devices to be used outside of Mainland China. You should know that every product is designed as per the basic requirement of the particular region so features and settings may vary.

Feel free to contact us if we can assist you further.

1 Like

Same reply here. Any alternative? Is there a way someone who has the 246 sends us the OS and we flash it ourself? Don’t know whether this is feasible… @Teocell, @sendorm ?

Unfortunately I don’t have anymore the camera :frowning:

As far as I know the firmware can only be intercepted during a firmware update. So it is not feasable any more. Sorry. İ might suggest selling the camera to a friend and getting a dafang 1080p or mijia 1080p with black backing. Both are usable with homeassistant and shuts down xiaomi from the feed. If you don’t need camera motor control, Mijia 1080p is the way to go.

1 Like

You only need a Raspbee or a Conbee on your Raspberry and you will pick up the sensors directly from the Phoscon Web App. Easy pairing, no Aqara gateway required.

@sendorm Could you help me how to make mijia 1080p with black backing firmware ver 3.5.8_0188 work with hassio???
Thanks