New Xiaomi aqara camera/gateway

+1 for camera first of all

+1. Would be great if we could get this implemented into home assistant.

Do you have connect this camera to HA?

oh no, i have two of these cameras, is there any future update coming to integrate the camera and gateway?

1 Like

Almost same here, but I have only one. The worst is that I canā€™t even use it on motioneye (at least i couldnā€™t figure out how).

Did anyone else have issues getting this camera to connectā€¦ at all?

Iā€™ve got the Mi Home app, but I canā€™t find the camera to add it. I see the open wireless access point when I look in the Android settings, but no matter what I do, I canā€™t get it to add, even though the red light is blinking at the top of the camera.

Please check if you have Mainland China in your app settings.

Hello guys.

I bought Aqara camera hub with gateway like this, https://www.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_978606.html?wid=1433363

When I discovered hidden options I tried to enable lumi mode and it is not possible to save the configuration. I have reached ā€˜request time outā€™. Is there anyone knows how to connect it to hass ?

Yep, definitely Mainland China, as I had to do that to set up the gateway (the non-camera Zigbee gateway).

Iā€™m currently pawing through the decompiled APK to try and see how to manually connect it. Port 23 (telnet) is open on the device, so Iā€™m thinking thatā€™s the key to setting this up without needing the app.

1 Like

The telnet port is open in original firmware ? Good to hear that If it could be possible to set lumi mode and key by telnet. I will check it this week.

What about UART-Serial connection ? anyone tries ?

btw. Do you have any spacial character in name or password in WiFi configuration ?
Are you using 2,4 GHz ? because 5GHz is not supported

Nope, 2.4GHz network. Password has an exclamation point in it, but the Mi Home app never gets to the point where I can pick which WiFi network I want, let alone to the point where I can put my WiFi network password in.

And I think itā€™s the camera which has that port open. I just ran nmap 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.254 to scan the whole subnet, and that port on 192.168.1.1 was the only thing that was returned. I put in my Linux username and password to ensure I wasnā€™t accidentally connecting to my own device, but it didnā€™t accept it, so I assume thatā€™s the camera.

I scoured through the APK to try and find the password, but couldnā€™t find much. When I have a moment I might try and find the firmware file and run it through strings or binwalk or something to see if itā€™s in there. I also tried hooking up my monitor-mode enabled WiFi dongle and capturing some Wireshark packets, but that yielded me nothing of use.

I dont knows if it matters but tryb enabling bluetooth in phone - this camera has it build inne and maybe mi home os searching cam via btā€¦
192.168.1.1 od most probably your router.

Bluetooth is always switched on (I have a Pebble smartwatch), so it wasnā€™t that. And I was connected directly to the cameraā€™s WiFi access point, so it couldnā€™t have been the router, because the cameraā€™s not connected to the home WiFi yet. Wireshark shows my phone asking who has 192.168.1.1 and telling it to report that to 192.168.1.81, which has no open ports and canā€™t be pinged.

In any case, Iā€™ve posted my question over on their forums. Not sure if Iā€™ll get an answer, but worth a shot.

Hmmmā€¦
If i rememember correctly I connected phone to my home wi-fi when i was adding camera to mi home then searched cam. I was not connecting to camera wifi manually at any point.

One more thing - i would disconnect with pebble just to be sure it isnā€™t the problem.

Do you know what is telnet login and password ?

I originally tried connecting via my home WiFi (on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections), but got nothing, so I tried the access point itself, just to rule it out.

I also disconnected my Pebble and tried again, but it made no difference. I thought that would have been the case, as the camera is WiFi, not Bluetooth.

Iā€™m still pawing through the APK, looking for the location of a firmware file so I can try and work out what the telnet password is, but nothing yet.

Okay, so I got the camera set up in Mi Home. It took a dozen or more tries, but I got it. The next step is to get the camera to appear in Home Assistant. Hereā€™s a dump of things I know, stuff Iā€™ve tried etc.:

• The device has two open ports, and several filtered ports (according to a thorough nmap scan I ran). These ports are:
    • 23/tcp open telnet
    • 652/tcp filtered hello-port
    • 8359/tcp filtered unknown
    • 9802/tcp filtered unknown
    • 9803/tcp filtered unknown
    • 10774/tcp filtered unknown
    • 15764/tcp filtered unknown
    • 20251/tcp filtered unknown
    • 22851/tcp filtered unknown
    • 25731/tcp filtered unknown
    • 37506/tcp filtered unknown
    • 38318/tcp filtered unknown
    • 53796/tcp filtered unknown
    • 54180/tcp filtered unknown
    • 54355/tcp open unknown
    • 57775/tcp filtered unknown
    • 62497/tcp filtered unknown
    • 62775/tcp filtered unknown
  • 54355 instantly closes HTTP connections, so I donā€™t know whatā€™s itā€™s for.
  • I believe, like some of the other Xiaomi cameras (Xiaofang etc.), itā€™s running Linux. I havenā€™t tried looking at the micro-SD card slot yet, and I havenā€™t pulled the device apart. Those are outside of my expertise.
  • I donā€™t know the telnet username and password. Itā€™s not in the APK and I canā€™t seem to find a URL for the firmware file. Running file, strings and binwalk on a Xiaofang firmware file suggests that it might be encrypted, because none of those utils returned anything useful.
  • I canā€™t turn on ā€œdeveloper modeā€ on the camera. I can get to the menu item by tapping the firmware version number, but the middle menu item does nothing. Going into the bottom option and hitting the left-hand button takes me to the tickbox where I can enable it and generate a password, but clicking Confirm does nothing.
  • The camera can definitely work without the internet, I opened the camera in Mi Home on my phone, then disconnected the phone line from my modem (cutting off my internet connection entirely). I could still see the live image, take photos, use push-to-talk and such.
  • I tried five different apps to try and work out what the local port / URL / whatever is: Wireshark in monitor mode, Charles Proxy for Windows, cat /proc/net/tcp in an Android terminal, a traffic sniffing app, and an app that shows all open connections on your phone. None of them showed local connections, so I must be doing something wrong here?

Someone with a rooted phone might be of some use here. They could poke around where Mi Home stores itā€™s settings and look through there for some connection info.

EDIT: I think it might use UDP, using one or more of these ports: 54321, 55254, 43921, 40636. Trying to open a UDP stream in VLC does nothing (takes a while to time out) so Iā€™ll keep looking.

EDIT 2: The stream is H.264 (based on running adb logcat from my Windows machine), but it may be encrypted, as thereā€™s mention of hencrypt and hdecrypt in the logs? The APK doesnā€™t mention anything about encryption. Also logcat tells me that trying to turn on the ā€œdeveloper modeā€ times out, but doesnā€™t tell me much more

Has anyone got a rooted device and a little bit of technical know-how? Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s a database file created by Mi Home that stores encryption keys or connection info or something

3 Likes

Watching this with interest I have 7 of these bad boys that I would love to integrate.

Is it possible to use token from MiHome app instead of lumi mode and password ? What do you think ?