New Xiaomi gateway firmware (xiaomi_aqara component)

Hi Xiaomi users

I saw there is a new gateway firmware released in the past few days.
Can anyone confirm whether this firmware is working well?

1.4.1_150

• bug fixes
  • bugs introduced
  • new features

Why don’t you give it a try and let us know?

Hi,
I have updated gateway to version 1.4.1_150.0143 and all is working well.
Robert

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll upgrade.
Its kind of frustrating that Xiaomi dont publish release notes. Not even in chinese…

Hey guys,
Just done the update, 2 out of 3 of the square temp sensors are reporting unknown pressure but temp and humidity are working on all 3 - I’ve never seen this before so not sure if its a F/W bug or just needs time to update.

I’m not home so I cant see if the right switches are now working again…

Everything is updating now and looks good.

1 Like

I’m out of home. Upgraded gateway and my motion sensor showing motion in empty room.

2 Likes

I made update of the firmware. The motion detections are stuck at motion detected. In the mihome app the logs have changed. There is a green icon at the start of motion detected wording now. When I click the log my mijia 1080p camera opens up.
The motion detections are valid in the mihome app, but do not always trigger the automations which they are connected on home assistant. I am still working on a fix.
(seems after a lot of restarts seems to be normal, with a little bit added delay to the automations)

I’ve updated and have issues. The single click on the original xiaomi button (old round type) does not pass through to HA. Double click and hold does. People have reported similar issues with .149 and the aqara wall switch which was resolved in 150.

The single click registers in mi home but not hass.

My intercom doorbell now has a sticker on it saying hold to ring lol.

Anyone else have the same issue?

G

Thanks for sharing.
Based on feedback I held off from updating this time.
Seems one step forward, one++ steps back :frowning:

I’ve updated to 150 firmware and my two round buttons work just fine. Single, double and hold all ok.

I cannot confirm this issue. I’ve updated, too.

Just added a new yeelight last night and it is discovered in HASS, yet ‘unavailable’ in HASS.

HASS log has an entry saying it cant connect to yeelight on ip xxxxx. Weird.

Think I might run a debug in HASS and see whats happening as the MiHome app is fine and all existing devices are fine except the button single click (all of them) and the new yeelight.

Could you please open a new thread? The Xiaomi Gateway Firmware and your Yeelight doesn’t have anything in common.

2 Likes

From previous experience. Every update it gets some bugs. Motion sensors stuck. Temps not reported. But after 2 or 3 days everything just settles down. Strange but…

Fair point re. new thread- sure thing.

Hi all i just got my xiaomi temperature humidity sensors and ONE is showing while all other sensors won’t show up in has… s therre something to keep in mind when adding nw devices to mi app / gateway?

Hi all

Apologies if stupid question (noob alert)

How do you get the entity_id for all the Xiaomi bits I add as sub-devices under the gateway in Mi Home?

Normally I add devices in the app and Hass pulls them from the gateway. But in my case it didn’t work but for one temp humidity sensor. All me window sensors have been added as expected

Just an update on my issue. A rather silly fix but hoping it may help someone who is experiencing the same problem.

Ive been using an older release of hass due to some problems with repeating commands on habridge/Google home.

Last night I built a fresh install and migrated over my configs, minus the custom components folders. I then set up the xiaomi_aqara component instead.

And… Experienced the same thing…

Ran hass with debug on for the xiaomi components and proved there was nothing being passed from the gateway for a single click, yet double and hold we’re fine.

Unboxed a spare gateway and added a new button on it, all on the older fw. Enabled lan and added the gateway to hass.

Same problem.

Guess what fixed it? Moving the gateway out of the ‘default’ room in mi home into a room I had created. That’s it. Soon as I did it the gateway began passing data to hass on the single click.

Confirmed working on new fw and old fw gateway, and both the older (.3xx) and newest hass.

George

2 Likes

Guys.

I still don’t know how to arm /disarm the gatewat via HA.

Can anyone share his code?

Thanks!

MP

1 Like