Hi there, new to the HA community.
I’m the developer for the ZoneMinder Event Server/machine learning hooks and zmNinja. A lot of folks who come by my GitHub repos seem to use ZM with HA. I recently setup HA and realized the existing integration uses legacy approach to ZM. ZM 1.33 and beyond use a better API system (via tokens) as well as other improvements. I also realized a lot of folks fall back to MQTT or Nodered to talk to my ES because there isn’t another way. Well, there is an easier way now.
I’ve just released a new project called py-zm that gives you access to:
- The new API system (or falls back to the old one)
- Pythonic access to the ZM Event server, so you get real time access
- Access to Mapped Memory (like the perl daemons do)
- Integration with the ZM logging system (if it makes sense)
The project is open source:
- Documentation - https://pyzm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Pypi: https://pypi.org/project/pyzm/
- Github: https://github.com/pliablepixels/pyzm
This is going to evolve over time, but though folks who want better ZM integration may want to explore this package. I’ll likely eventually build HA modules on my own.