Newbie on AC controlling

Hi,
Newbie here. My final goal would be to control multiple devices at home. The first one would be my Gree A/C. I use an Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS on my old laptop as a server. So I tried the easiest way and kicked off a docker image with the command:

sudo docker run --restart always -d --name homeassistant -v /opt/homeassistant:/config -e TZ=Europe/Budapest --net=host ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:latest

I can login and integrate my chromecast so the network is visible. Then i tried to use the Gree Climate integration but got the No Device Found error message. So i changed the config to see more in the logs but not much to see.

home-assistant.log:2021-07-06 17:28:34 INFO (MainThread) [greeclimate.discovery] Scanning for Gree devices ...
home-assistant.log:2021-07-06 17:28:34 DEBUG (MainThread) [greeclimate.discovery] Listening for devices on 192.168.50.120
home-assistant.log:2021-07-06 17:28:34 DEBUG (MainThread) [greeclimate.discovery] Listening for devices on 172.18.0.1
home-assistant.log:2021-07-06 17:28:34 DEBUG (MainThread) [greeclimate.discovery] Listening for devices on 172.17.0.1

So it checked the server’s IP then nothing. The climate is connected to my network it is visible in my router. Maybe I have to define the A/C’s IP somewhere? Or i have to do something totally different?

Please help I think i made a wrong turn somewhere :smiley:

What’s the IP of the A/C?

home-assistant:latest beware that that image is the development one, so potentially buggy and unstable.
Use home-assistant:stable for the latest release one.

I dont really see differences between the two branch on the gree related source files.

Can you control the AC from the Gree app on a mobile device?

Additional reason to run the stable one :wink:
While there could be zero change to the integration itself, there could be code changes anywhere breaking it unknowingly.

Not saying it’s the likely case, here, but something to keep in mind while seeking help.

Yeah i have it in Gree+.