Newbie question automation

Hi I have setup a Pushover automationm that triggers when certain humidity levels are reached and sends the humidity via pushover. The rule triggers when the level is reached. But I have two questions:

1. I don’t know when it will trigger again. When the humidity is below the values and the values get then reached again?
  2. Can I repeat the warning if the humidity is still to high after 1 more hour?

Thanks for yur help. My automation is this:

alias: Luftfeuchtigkeit
 description: ''
 trigger:
 - above: '60'
   entity_id: sensor.lacrosse_schlafzimmer_humidity
   platform: numeric_state
 - above: '65'
   entity_id: sensor.lacrosse_badeg_humidity
   platform: numeric_state
 condition: []
 action:
 - data:
     message: 'Schlafzimmer: {{ states(''sensor.lacrosse_schlafzimmer_humidity'')
       }} Badezimmer // {{ states(''sensor.lacrosse_badeg_humidity'') }}'
     title: ' Luftfeuchtigkeit zu hoch '
   service: notify.pushover
  1. Yes the values have to be below then go above either one of your trigger points for the automation to trigger.
  2. There are a couple of ways to do this.
  • a) make a template binary sensor for each of your trigger points and use the alert component instead of your automation. These can be set to repeat. Or…

• b) add a time pattern trigger to your existing automation as well as your current numeric state triggers. Set it to trigger every hour, but include a condition so that the message is only sent if humidity is > 60%.

Thanks for the fast answer. Solution 2 b seems elegant, so I’ll go that way.

Hi,

I’ve updated my automation. The automation should trigger every 30 minutes and send a pushover, when one of the humidity conditions is met (OR):

alias: Luftfeuchtigkeit Info
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - hours: ''
    minutes: /30
    platform: time_pattern
    seconds: ''
  condition:
  - condition: or
    conditions:
    - above: '63'
      condition: numeric_state
      entity_id: sensor.lacrosse_badeg_humidity
    - above: '61'
      condition: numeric_state
      entity_id: sensor.lacrosse_schlafzimmer_humidity
  action:
  - data:
      message: 'Schlafzimmer: {{ states(''sensor.lacrosse_schlafzimmer_humidity'')
        }} Badezimmer // {{ states(''sensor.lacrosse_badeg_humidity'') }}'
      title: ' Luftfeuchtigkeit zu hoch '
    service: notify.pushover

Under “minutes” I tried “30 minutes” and “/30 minutes”…
Automation doesn’t trigger…

Any ideas on that matter? Thank in advance.

Remove the minutes and hours and quote the pattern.

trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    minutes: "/30"

Do you have a way of reducing the humidity when it rises above the threshold value? Perhaps using a fan or a dehumidifier?

If you don’t, the time_pattern trigger will remind you every half-hour that the humidity is high. You also have no provision for disabling the notifications, so the reminders will repeat endlessly (or at least until the humidity decreases, naturally, below the threshold).

That’s what he wants. Well… actually reading the OP again maybe he only wanted one repeat.

Can I repeat the warning if the humidity is still to high after 1 more hour?

Perhaps the original automation, triggered by temperature, can be enhanced with the addition of a 1-hour timer. After the timer expires, it sends another notification.

Having said that, I like your first suggestion of using an Alert sensor because it’s much more flexible.