Newbie, struggling with adding custom scripts for my ducted AC

Hi guys, I’m new to HA, having swapped over from OH2, which overwhelmed me completely. I have very little knowledge of programming, but I’m trying to learn, and your help would be greatly appreciated. So basically, I’ve been able to install HA on a RP3, I’ve got HASS configurator running and Samba too. I’ve found most of my connected devices, and these work reasonably well. But now I need to add my ducted Daikin AC. I’m in Australia, so the Daikin plugins on the community database (please correct my vocab), don’t work. I’ve managed to find a python script that apparently works, but I unfortunately can’t get it to work. Below is a link to the Github:

So fishing around, I’ve created a folder (on my mac with the help of Samba) called python_scripts in my config folder. I’ve dumped the skyfi.py script in there.

Then I’ve gone to my configuration.yaml file in the web based home assistant interface, and added the following lines (as instructed, at this point I’m pretty lost).

climate:
platform: skyfi
host: 192.168.x.xxx
password: xxxxxxx

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but when I run the script checker, If I leave the password section blank I get an error saying that HA doesn’t recognise the skyfi platform, and If I put the password in I get a series of errors:

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated, I’m willing to learn anything and really want to get this HA software working well. I’m rubbish at even this basic coding, but I’m trying.

Thanks

Tim

After hours of trying and having about 20 tabs open, I got it working. Thanks for looking in here, for those of you in the future that struggle with this, you need to create a folder in your config folder, called custom components, then climate in there, and then dump the python script in there. Reboot the Pi and it will work. Now I’m going to try and configure Alexa to control my climate. Any tips would be great :slight_smile: