Newby advice on set up for Ikea TRÅDFRI GU10 lamps

Hi,

My first post so please be gentle.

Am just starting out with HA. Got it installed and running, just bought a Skyconnect device.

Am researching what GU10 lamps to buy for our new Kitchen. Will need about 16 of them.

It seems like these:

are a very good price for a white dimmable and tunable lamp.

My question is do I need to buy the Ikea remote control or the DIRIGERA hub to get them to work/register them etc…? Or can I just use “native” ZHA over the SkyConnect device?

Thanks in advance

Al

As far as I know they are zigbee so should just work with you skconnect.

As always read the docs :slight_smile:

Buying these bulbs will be an expensive way of automating your lights, when you could just use some kind of behind the switch relay or smart switch. And you will have to disable your light switch, or else you will find your smart bulbs switched off, and if you disable your switch, no one without an app will be able to turn on your lights. It all sounds nice being able to dim or change the warmness of your bulbs but the reality is that will probably never happen once you have the setting you like.

1 Like

I just wanted to update this thread for other others. I now have about 30 of these lamps, two Ikea Zigbee repeaters, and three of their new Vallhorn PIR sensors. All work really well with Home Connect - directly. You don’t need the Ikea bridge/ I just have the Home Assistant skyconnect dongle.

Their white lamps are excellent value IMHO (I’ve not seen any smart lamps cheaper than this). You can control the colour temperature and brightness and they are 345 lumens so bright enough for a kitchen.