Newly added zwave switches not showing up as switches

I’ve had great success using HA with my wave network, but I’m having trouble with the newest nodes I’m trying to add. I’m trying to add them via my z-stick (gen 1 or 2, not 5), which appears to work without a problem. But when I load up HA (v 0.42.3), they only show up as zwave nodes, not switches. Upon investigating in ozwcp, I see the following:

26 LBR Routing Slave Binary Power Switch Aeotec DSC26103 Micro Switch (2nd Edition) on 11:20:50 AM CacheLoad
27 LR Routing Slave Multilevel Power Switch Intermatic CA600 Wall Dimmer 99 11:20:50 AM CacheLoad
28 LBR Routing Slave Binary Power Switch Aeotec DSC35103 Micro Double Switch off 11:20:50 AM CacheLoad
33 L unknown off 11:21:32 AM Neighbors
34 L unknown off 11:31:03 AM Ready
36 L unknown GE 45609 On/Off Relay Switch off 11:32:57 AM Ready

Any thoughts on why they’d come up as unknown, instead of Routing Slave like all of the other nodes? 33 & 34 are Aeotec DSC26103s, and I have many others working properly. 36 (GE 45609) is showing the exact same way, so I can’t imagine it’s a device issue, and I’ve removed/re-added them all a few times. Has to be config, right?

Any thoughts you could give me would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Figured it out! After a whole lot of Googling various terms (it wouldn’t be straightforward, would it?) I found this post: https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15039 where they went in depth about ozwcp’s XML document, and what might be the problem. So I deleted the zwcfg file in my open zwave control panel folder, then re-ran it and voila! The devices showed up just fine. I copied the config file to my .homeassistant folder, and it all worked like a charm!

Apparently, I modified the XML by hand at some point and screwed it up… Must have been when I was trying to fix the updates for a few of the switches after that got all out of whack. Live and learn! Hopefully this helps someone else with a similar problem.