News RSS on Dashboard

thanks totally missed that part :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you noticed any issues with appdaemon and RSS feeds? It seems like after 12 or so hours of running I start getting java errors and my feeds stop. I also noticed when I first start appdaemon the dash board responds very quickly but after some hours maybe 2 or 3 the response time drops noticeably. I’m using a pi3 for dashboard and ha and iPad Pro for dashboard display.

I’ll update I figured out that HTML and holy crap I love it. I got some good ideas and plans.

Very pretty indeed!

What errors are you seeing?

Thank you sir. Ill grab the errors and post back.

Ok I’m 100% done. Matches the living room perfect. On to the next black n red one.

My only question is do you know how I could line up just the couple sensors that look misaligned? Like the time to and the Mbps? The public up is perfect so globally wouldn’t work (got me some OCD)

Thank you!!

I’m not a CSS expert but I seem to remember someone finding a CSS trick to offset the units or value.

Nice. Thanks!

Hey If I buy some 7 inch fires will I have to resize everything? I would be using both iPad and that. Thanks

sorry at best buy and cant find an answer lol i found this but looks old

m having a hard time with this decision. is a 7 inch screen big enough you think?

That’s an old and irelevant post, but the result is the same, you can resize the widgets and their asp t ratio to fit any screen although you might need to make different dashes for different devices. Even so you can reuse all the he widgets and layout if you like.

Thanks man, appreciate all the help. I think Im going to use the 8 inch hd fire. have you used them? Im curious what you use and how you like the size.

Im in the process of building a 3d floorplan :)))

iPads here, but i did have android tablet for a while

you like the size better? only thing i like is the wake on motion, you get that working with a iPad?

I’m an early adopter so I have several generations of old iPads lying around. I use a marquee program to keep them alive - kisko pro.

is the screen always on? I check out that app and i didn’t see anything about wake on motion

It dims it after a timeout which you can set - no wake on motion that I am aware of.

1 Like

Im creating a “home page” that will basically be an image with a couple links at the bottom to various pages. The large image as of now is using iframe, my intent was to use the timeout and return from the documentation around navigate.

navigate
Force any connected dashboards to navigate to a new page

Arguments
target - Name of the new Dashboard to navigate to, e.g. SensorPanel - this is not a URL. timeout - length of time to stay on the new dashboard before returning to the original. This argument is optional and if not specified, the navigation will be permanent.

Note that if there is a click or touch on the new panel before the timeout expires, the timeout will be cancelled.

timeout - length of time to stay on the new dashboard return - dashboard to return to after the timeout has elapsed.

It doesnt seem to be working right, or maybe I mis understood the documentation. I thought that if I use the timeout and return values on the navigate buttons from the front page that after x time it would return the front page. However the documentation says if something is clicked before the timeout value the timeout would be cancelled. Does this mean that if I touch a navigate button from the front page and then say open the garaage and then left. it would not return to the front page?

Hoping someone can help with my RSS feed. Permissions seem to be okay. I had the rss stuff down too low in the appdaemon.yaml file, but reading this thread, I fixed that. Still no joy, I get “entity not found”. I’m using version 3.2.2. There are no errors in the log. I don’t know how to check for javascript errors. My appdaemon.yaml file is as follows:

AppDaemon:
  cert_verify: False
  disable_apps: 1
  logfile: STDOUT
  errorfile: STDERR
  threads: 10
  app_dir: /config/hadaemon/apps

rss_feeds:
    - feed: http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss
      target: cnnfeed
    - feed: http://feeds.washingtonpost.com/rss/local
      target: washpostfeed

rss_update: 3600

HASS:
  ha_url: http://172.17.0.1:8123
  ha_key: 
HADashboard:
  dash_url: http://hassio.local
  dash_dir: /config/hadaemon/dashboards
  always_compile: 1

Oh darn, sorry to waste time. It just occurred to me that I can’t disable apps if I want rss feeds to work. Working now, thanks.

1 Like

That’s probably a bug, but that piece of code has been completely rewritten in 3.0 so it will probably be OK when I release it :wink: