Nextion wall-mounted panel working with Esphome

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to share a quick demo showcasing a Nextion (in fact TJC) touchscreen working with Esphome and HA together.
Used parts:

• 3.5inch TJC display (same as Nextion)
  • Wemos D1 mini
  • Passive buzzer
  • Home Assistant

The purpose of this project is to have a quick access to the important stuff from HA:
Mounted in the kitchen, it gives a convenient way (especially my wife) to quickly: order the vacuum to clean after cooking, play some radio, toggle lights and switches or just give an overview of the day (facebook birthdays, events, google calendar, temps, weather, etc.)

Wall panel Demo

Github Repo with the resources here

Huge thanks for the community support and Esphome team! :+1:t3:
1b 2b 4b

13 Likes

Hello,

Wow, Great. I have looked into HAswitchplate, but it still not what Iam looking for, but your project is. Could yo share the code with us?

3 Likes

This demo is amazingly cool. Please share code and stl files. Thanks.

+1 for the share of your cool project that is really nice :wink: as others please share stl and code files so other people can enjoy it too :wink:
Thanks to you and congrats for the nice work !

Great looking wallpanel! I would also be interested to see the source code. It amazes me every time what esphome is capable of.

1 Like

Can you share how you connected the display to the D1 mini, how do you power it. Looks like the D1 mini is not in the main case as well?
What’s total cost of this project?

Sure, the display is connected via the 4 jumper cables to the Wemos: 5V, Gnd, TX, RX -> esphome
Yes, the D1 fits also in the case, laying in the back.
As for the total cost… not sure… depends on the HW used. But it costs more nerves than money for sure :smile:

Thanks for the interest :slight_smile:
Initially I wasn’t prepared for sharing, but I set up a quick GitHub Repo here.
The esphomeYAML file is not ready to be shared yet… I still need to review it and fix some bugs.
But you may find some good info and resources.

2 Likes

Thank You!

Looks very good !

I’ve uploaded the esphome YAML file if anyone is interested.
It may look ugly however. Any suggestions welcome.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing.

It helped me build my Nextion for my son’s room.

4 Likes

Nice to see it helps others, congrats :grinning:

tried to open the hmi file in the nextion editor but says file is damaged. Anyone else experienced that?

It is probably because the .hmi file was created in USART HMI app, not Nextion Editor.
They’re basically the same, but for different HW revisions.