NFL game sensor (scores, possession, etc)

No worries man. I’m sure we can live a week without seeing our teams record. To some it may even be a relief :joy:

edit: bye week layout added in v0.2.0

1 Like

Thinking more about this, it might be worth retaining win probability while in game, and the value is null. That way it wouldn’t reset to 0 after scores. So maybe worth exploring if possible.

Working beautifully!! Thanks

I made a change to the card that I’m pretty happy with - Away teams now use the alternate team color. If anyone runs into any issues or thinks both teams should use the primary team color, let me know.

sb_venue_status_nfl and sb_city_odds_down_nfl now show icons on the lovelace card. any idea what i may have done??

edit: figured it out, my lovelace card defaulted to the default entities card and deleted the card mod section

This set up is awesome! thanks @zacs and @D34DC3N73R !!!

Screenshot 2021-10-17 14.25.29

Probability bar is weird with latest version. But still looks nice. Using chrome browser iOS and chromebook.

I mean that looks pretty accurate. What seems weird to you?

its not centered right? 5% on the left OK not 95% of the right side of the bar?

OK now that it is 99%-1% I see it is intentional the bar is 50% of the card width and slides left and right.

1 Like

the bar starts from the center and grows towards the left or right depending on win probability.

1 Like

So both teams are reporting 3 timeouts…

And thanks for all the amazing work!

The Steelers primary team color is #000000 or black, so it’s going to be difficult (or impossible) to see if your card background color is also black. I can try to think of something to help with the contrast in that scenario. Also, if you update to v0.2.2 the probability colors will be correct (they’re reversed in your screenshot).

1 Like

Please don’t remind me of this game :sob: .

1 Like

Added an ‘outline’ option in v0.3.0 which should help those with card backgrounds that match team colors (ie black)

- type: 'custom:nfl-card'
  entity: sensor.nfl
  outline: true

the default is false

4 Likes

All I have to say is WOW! I guess I didn’t scroll through all of this initially and actually wasted some time creating a pretty crappy card by myself. However, I did learn a little so that’s good!

I’d love to collaborate “sensors” or “triggers” that can be used for certain automations which some probably already are doing here:
Examples: When your team scores a touchdown lights flash a different color

:jack_o_lantern:

Also, if anyone wants to join forces to develop other sports (NHL, NBA, MLB, Soccer, etc) automations similar to this I’d 100% be down to do this together and LEARN (which is what I’m most looking forward to)

Reach out or drop me a line if you are interested, [email protected]

take a look at this post

Yep, that looks like a nice start for sure! Thanks!

Still looking to collaborate on other sports. I found one for nhl which looks solid. Although I think I’d prefer a more uniform look like this nfl one. I also want a EPL (soccer) one too! Probably might as well get NBA and MLB too.

Someone join forces with me!

1 Like

Release v0.3.1
Reworked probability to be full width
If neither team is likely to win (tie) the bars will shrink towards the center

Also in this release, a new option, color_outline which allows you to define the color of outline: true. It accepts any CSS color or hex value.

type: custom:nfl-card
outline_color: deeppink

type: custom:nfl-card
outline_color: '#ffe500'

If outline: true is set without outline_color the default value is white.