Ngingx Proxy Mapping Addon - Certificates not reacheable / available for AdGuard addon #518

Hi guys,

Basically I had my Adguard somewhat exposed, so I could use my DNS server wherever I go. On Android phones, it’s quite easy to set up a private DNS, however the DNS server must be HTTPs.

So I had NPM creating the RPM I need and also to handle the certificate, then on Adguard add-on I would just fetch the certificate from “/ssl/nginxproxymanager/live/npm-46/privkey.pem”

Everything worked beautifully for years and family was using the DNS server on WIFI and 5G connections, until the latest NPM update. The latest NPM stores the certificatea in a different FS (something like /addon_configs/a0d7b954_nginxproxymanager/letsencrypt/live/npm-1/fullchain.pem) and Adguard cannot read those certs (probably permissions issue)

I’ve open Certificates not reacheable / available for AdGuard addon · Issue #518 · hassio-addons/addon-nginx-proxy-manager · GitHub however it was closed as “stale” and not planned :frowning:

The author states that NPM should not be used to manage certs, but I use the add-on to create the NPM and manage its cert as it’s part of the addon.

Using the lets encrypt addon, does not really work as I need the same ports used by NPM (80 and 443)

I’m also aware of other solutions like VPN and such, but I would really like to maintain what has been working for years.

Can someone maybe shed some light on this issue, on what might be the blocking point for adguard add-on not being able to read the certs?