Nginx Proxy Custom SSL cert - how to automate updating custom ssl cert

Hi there,
I need to help on how to automate the updating of custom SSL certs in nginx proxy manager.

Currently I use ACME certificates on my internal network, and my chosen place to manage/update these is with PfSense. Once updated, pfsense runs a script and drops the new cert files into a location on my internal network.

I’d like to then auto update the custom certs in Nginx Proxy Manager add on. At the moment, I need to log in to the Nginx WebUI and manually upload the new certs.

Is there some way I can create a config to point to a certain directory/location? Also, is there a way to programatically restart Nginx Proxy Manager add on? I’m happy to script this stuff, just need to know how to tell Nginx to look in a certain location for the cert files + restart it programatically.

I can’t really find any kind of details in the documentation other than how to install, and a brief paragraph that says “create your own config” with the example “loglevel: info” as the only example. Not very useful.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Seb

In the advanced settings on a per host basis, do something like:

listen 443 ssl http2;
listen [::]:443;
  # Let's Encrypt SSL
  include conf.d/include/letsencrypt-acme-challenge.conf;
  include conf.d/include/ssl-ciphers.conf;
  ssl_certificate /ssl/fullchain.pem;
  ssl_certificate_key /ssl/privkey.pem;

When the SSL certificate updates, you’ll have to restart nginx proxy. I do this using Node-RED and call hassio, addon_restart with the following payload:

{"addon":"addon/a0d7b954_nginxproxymanager"}

Hope that helps!

Thanks Scott. Will give this a try!