NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

I rum the latest of everything and it works fine here

I had the same problem after latest Hassio update (or was it HACS Nibe update, I dont really know
)
I finally now got it working again by doing the following:

• deleted the integration , restated homeassistant, added integration again
  • when adding integration, I used different browser
  • I had to edit the pre-filled callback URL and add :8123 in the URL
  • I also created a new app in Nibe Uplink API site

So, I started from zero, new API app and used another browser when adding the integration. Also, double-checked/edited the callback-url so it had :8123 in the URL.

And now it works :smile:

You guys do know that uplink have been going up and down this weekend, right?

Tries different browsers and phones - nothing helps. Have re-installed HA completely and tried re-installing Nibe Uplink but the Integration of Nibe Uplink never returns (spinning wheel for ever). Trying to install Nibe Uplink again results in immediate closing of the installation window in Integrations - no Nibe to be found in Home assistant.

Now I need to remove everything again but I would prefer NOT to re-install Home Automation from scratch again so HOW DO I REMOVE EVERYTHING RELATED TO NIBE UPLINK??? Removing the nibe folder under customer_components. Where else have Nibe Uplink been stored?

Not sure you ever posted your log from home assistant. Might tell something. Anyway removing any added integration for nibe and then remove the nibe folder from your config folder.

How did you install it?

I have tried both manual installation and git, followed the instructions on https://github.com/elupus/hass_nibe. Now I only get to step 2 in the Setup, which immediately closes. I never get even to step 3, Configure uplink parameters.

I tried removing the nibe folder and re-install it, but still don’t reach Configure uplink parameters. The first time I did, but after filling in the details from https://api.nibeuplink.com/Applications I only got a blank page and HA never closed that window. Now I do’t even get that.

Removing the note folder obviously is not enough to clear any faulty installations.

I running HA 0.99 on Mac OS High Sierra, no Docker or any fancy stuff. I have downgraded from 0.101.3 as the number of changes and problems related to that release just proved to be far to many,

I will guese that running old sw is then issue here. If you cant solve your issues in a such a small step as 0.99 to 0.101.3 you will only build even more issues on a big pile. Take the bull by the horns and solve your breaking changes and i promise you that also the nibe componenet will work for you.

Alot of updates demands that the custom components needs to change to work. So you cant stay on 0.99 and think that all new components will work for you.

Upgrading to Python 3.8 that actually included Contextvars as opposed to 3.7 did the trick. Now everything is working, including Nibe Uplink, GoGogate 2 and IOS HA Companion.

I like the setup, would you mind sharing your cards?
Did you have to create sensor templates for the values you wanted to graph out?

Sorry for the late reply :slight_smile: christmas and all :wink:

I use a regular Entities Card, a Gauge Card and custom:mini-graph-card.

i just add the sensors in the grap card like this:

entities:
  - sensor.nibe_49718_40008
  - sensor.nibe_49718_40012
hours_to_show: 72
icon: 'mdi:thermometer'
name: Nibe
type: 'custom:mini-graph-card'

so i hav not made any sensor templates, i have only used what the integration gives me.

The theme is Light orange from here: https://www.juanmtech.com/themes-in-home-assistant/

Thanks.

I can’t find any sensors from nibe, only water_heater, climate and fan.

I have an F750 and SAM41, should I be getting sensors?

Have you added both units to your config?

Because I have a lot of sensors from nibe! Like 71 sensors!!

Yes i did, I get a lot of group.nibe which doesn’t really say anything.
I also tried what you have sensors: true but nothing came up.

What is needed is the categories: true on the unit.
Sensors: true is just wrong. Sensors is a section that can contain a list of explicit parameter IDs.

That’s what I thought.

I have the following now:

nibe:
  systems:
    - system: XXXXX
      units:
        - unit: 0
          categories: true
        - unit: 1
          categories: true

After trying to remove and re-add integration I see this:

2019-12-29 15:09:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Unclosed client session
2019-12-29 15:09:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Unclosed connector
2019-12-29 15:09:35 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Setting up climate.nibe
2019-12-29 15:09:35 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Setting up switch.nibe
2019-12-29 15:09:35 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.nibe
2019-12-29 15:09:35 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Setting up binary_sensor.nibe
2019-12-29 15:09:35 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Setting up water_heater.nibe
2019-12-29 15:09:35 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Setting up fan.nibe
2019-12-29 15:09:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Setup of platform nibe is taking over 10 seconds.
2019-12-29 15:09:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of platform nibe is taking over 10 seconds.
2019-12-29 15:09:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Setup of platform nibe is taking over 10 seconds.
2019-12-29 15:09:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Setup of platform nibe is taking over 10 seconds.
2019-12-29 15:10:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform nibe
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 404, message='', url='https://api.nibeuplink.com/api/v1/systems/XXXXX/serviceinfo/categories?parameters=True&systemUnitId=1

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/config/custom_components/nibe/sensor.py", line 107, in async_setup_entry
    sensors = await async_load(hass, uplink)
  File "/config/custom_components/nibe/sensor.py", line 97, in async_load
    await load_categories(system.system_id, unit[CONF_UNIT])
  File "/config/custom_components/nibe/sensor.py", line 66, in load_categories
    data = await uplink.get_categories(system_id, True, unit_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nibeuplink/uplink.py", line 207, in get_categories
    params={"parameters": str(parameters), "systemUnitId": unit_id},
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nibeuplink/uplink.py", line 74, in get
    "GET", f"{self.base}/api/v1/{url}", *args, **kwargs
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py", line 179, in request
    await raise_for_status(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py", line 26, in raise_for_status
    raise UplinkResponseException(data.get("errorCode"), data) from e
nibeuplink.exceptions.UplinkResponseException: UNKNOWN_SYSTEM_UNIT: System unit requested was not found.
{'httpStatusCode': 404, 'errorCode': 9, 'timestamp': '2019-12-29T14:10:04.5168721Z', 'details': ['The resource was not found'], 'data': None}
2019-12-29 15:10:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new climate.nibe entity: climate.nibe_XXXXX_s1_room
2019-12-29 15:10:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new climate.nibe entity: climate.nibe_XXXXX_s1_supply
2019-12-29 15:10:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new water_heater.nibe entity: water_heater.nibe_XXXXX_40014_47387
2019-12-29 15:10:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new fan.nibe entity: fan.nibe_XXXXX_ventilation

Remove unit 1. You only have unit 0.

Hah, awesome, thanks!

Now the sensors are coming up.

Hi all , how often does the uplink refuses data ? i dont have a premium account .

At the moment i connected some sensors to my Influx and i am wondering how often data points will come in .

I’m actually unsure. We can poll API every 4 seconds, but I don’t think the pump report at that rate.