NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

Thanks for the great work! I wish there could be a possibility to change the compressor controls so the compressor frequency would change in context with the tank temperature :slight_smile:

This will probably never be possible i think, it’s not even possible in the settings of the heat pump itself as far as I know. I have seen some people on other forums trying to manually set the compressor speed/frequency by setting parameter 47092 and 47093 somehow. Not sure what they are using (maybe local MODBUS) but it’s not possible to send these parameters through Nibe Uplink.

What you are describing is also already being done on a heat pump with an inverter, like a F1155 or F1255 if I understand things correctly. The compressor decreases it’s speed when the temperature in the water tank increases. Things might depend on if you run charging by “delta-T”-mode or constant temperature-mode for the charging method. I run mine by delta-T and the pump usually starts of running at around 45Hz when charging the tank and after about 20min it’s down to 35Hz and at that stage the tank is “full”. I usually run only between 48-42 degrees C. This way the heat pump normally regulates it’s frequency to maximize efficiency depending on the brine inlet and the temperature increase that is required.

Thank for the reply :slight_smile: I got SMO40 connected to a F2040 with accumulator tank. The thought was to be able to set a certain temperature for the tank and then let the compressor regulate the frequency to keep this temperature in the tank, then avoiding uneccessary stops and rather run for a longer period of time but a lot smoother, but if its not possible there is nothing to do about now, hehe

I have addedd integration via HACS and are able to get data, but only once during HA startup, then the sensors never seem to update. is there an update_interval I can set or why is this?

It should just update. Do you get errors in the log? The update rate is strictly controller. There are hard limits on how often we are allowed to access the API. When grabbing many sensors we can’t access very often.

The scan interval is set to once per minute at the moment.

Ok I see
:frowning: I can see now when it®s been running since this morning, I seem to get values ~every 20 min. I only have 5 sensors.

Hey,

So I’m trying to figure out how all this works in order to be able to set everything up in HA. If there is anything like this documented, please just point me in the right direction.

I have a Nibe F750 and have the integration setup i HA along with a paid Nibe Uplink account.

We have underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs. Downstairs we have these in each room:

I’d like to know what they actually do and if there is any way to replace them with “smart devices”? How do each of the control panels affect the temperature in each room since I only can see “S1 Room” and “S1 Supply” as one whole unit for the whole downstairs.

I’d also like to add sensors/thermostats and smart valves upstairs to be able to control the temperature through HA.

that looks like an LK ICS.2 RF thermostat (ICS.2 TrÄdförbunden/TrÄdlös - LK Systems in swedish).
it controls the floor heating in each room.

I doubt that you can connect that thermostat to HA, but I might be wrong.

Using smart radiator valves is tricky. I have been experimenting with my F370, and I have 5 Fibaro FGT-01 (zwave) TRVs and two POPP TRVS (similar to danfoss lc-13). in each room I have a 433Mhz temp sensor (connected to a telldus .net lite v2) and I connected three of them to my Nibe using the HA integration. It turned out that the Nibe set the “room” temperature in S1 to be the mean value of the three
 I also tried to set the temperature of the TRVs to the tempereature I wanted to have in each room.
The problem I ran into was that the Nibe and the TRVs were trying to outsmart each other. My Nibe had a calculated flow temp of 51C but the outgoing flow temp was just 35

I realized that what I had to do was to let the Nibe control the maximum room temperature (ie the target room temperature), and let the TRVs lower the temperature in some rooms (the bedrooms). In order to do this, I set the TRVs in the bedrooms to 20C and the rest of the TRVs to 25C.
Once I did this, the calculated flow temp and outgoing flow temp started to follow each other fairly close.

In your case I hope your F750 is set up with at least two climate zones, one for the downstairs floor heating and one for the upstairs radiator heating. the main reason for this is that the temperature curve for floor heating should be set much lower than the curve for the radiators. these to climate zones are regulated separately :slight_smile:

good luck. and don’t make the rest of the family upset while you are experimenting :slight_smile:

I see that LK has an addon called LK Webserver, and if you have that you can control the floor heating system through an app (sigh). I did not find an integration for the LK Webserver, but if yo find one (or write one) you should be able to use HA to feed the info to your NIBE

Did you try the valve feature of the smart termostat in NIBE? I have been pondering if it might affect the weighting between smart thermostats.

As described above those are LK ICS.2 RF Thermostats, they are connected to the LK
room control unit ICS.2. It can be connected with the ICS.2 Webserver (a hardware unit serving a webpage where you can remote control the system). Or you can connect the room control unit as a Modbus device. Both of these should be fairly straight forward to integrate into HA, but I haven’t seen any posts about it.

The Swedish manual for LK ICS.2:

Are you referring to something in nibe uplink?

If you add a smart termostat in the NIBE uplink spi, you can provide current temperature, setpoint temperature and valve position. Normally it’s only required to provide current and setpoint. I’ve never deduced what effect the valve position has on the pump.

It could possible be linked to flow rate, but it could also be used without setpoint/current temp to adjust the forward temperature.

ah. none of my TRVs report"valve position" (afaik) they seem to be rather stupid. The FIbaros can be set to OFF, Fully Open, or setpoint. and they seem to only report the current temp sporadically, unless I poll them which will consume too much battery. The only position available is the mounting position.

I have some problem understanding in what way the valve position would be usable, it can of course be of some interest if you have a room thermostat that doesn’t affect the TRVs, ie purely informational (liek a nibe RT-10 or RMU-40), then you can tell the Nibe hat the manual TRV on the radiator is set to position “4” or whatever.

btw - if you ever think that using the exhaust air temperature as the “room temperature”, think again
 at least if you have an old fashiond drying cabinet with the exhaust going into the ventilation conduit
 In my case, the exhaust air reported by the nibe goes from 22 up to 25, which of course will make the hous colder :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t it be possible to just let the radiators get a higher temperature and then let a Tado radiator control adjust the room temperature? Or is that cheating? :joy:

Regarding the underfloor heating I think I’ll just leave it as it is, it feels way to advanced for my skill level at this point.

well my conclusion at the moment is that you are onto something :slight_smile:
The nibe is “smart”, adding “smart” TRVs will give you TWO “smart” systems that don’t cooperate :slight_smile:

so at the moment I am just using four of six TRVs to set a max temp (25C), I let the NIBE regulate the temperature to 22C and I have added two temp sensors as thermostats to the nibe. Finally I have three of the TRVs set at 20C.

that should have a reasonable chance of working.

now I just have to figure out why the calculated flow temp is lower than the actual

btw - good luck in undestanding how the uinderfloor heating works :slight_smile: especially in combination with the two climate zones of your NIBE.

1 Like

Of course the calculated flow temp was lower than the actual. It was 16c outside, the nibe was set to stop heating at 13 and we had 24c inside.return temp was 5c above actual flow :slight_smile:

I forgot that this is normal :slight_smile:

Right now it is 12c outside and the readings make sense again.

Nibe S1255 using myuplink. com not uplink. com. In myuplink.com url it doesn’t show up the system identifier. Where i can find system id for S1255, or is this API compatible with new Nibe S-series at all?

Hi Toni!

AFAI there is still no integration with MyUplink. But the S-series has a well functional Modbus solution. I use that to control and get sensors from my S1155 via the standard Modbus Integration in HA.

Here is a short example of a couple of sensors for you to start with, and you can export your entire modbus-available registers to a USB-memory in the S1255 in menu and go to menu 7,5,9, then click on export all addresses

# NIBE Modbus and Sensors
modbus:
  - name: "Nibe"
    type: tcp
    host: 192.168.1.93
    port: 502
    sensors:
    - name: "Varmvatten_BT7"
      unit_of_measurement: °C
      address: 8
      count: 1
      slave: 1
      precision: 1
      input_type: input
      scale: 0.1
      scan_interval: 60
    - name: "BrineInBT10"
      address: 10
      scan_interval: 60
    - name: "BrineUtBT11"
      address: 11
    - name: "ERS S10 - VentilationslÀge"
      address: 104
      input_type: holding
      scan_interval: 30  
3 Likes

Sorry to break into this thread, but my Nibe Uplink integration have just recently lost all sensors except 5, Hot water, S1 Room, S1 Supply, Temporary Lux and Ventilation. I have tried to remove and reinstall the Nibe Uplink custom component but the result is still only the 5 sensors.

I have also tried to list the sensor id’s in different ways in the config.yaml, but without success.

Pls advice!