NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

If you redownloaded reinstalled, you should have gotten the new generation that don’t need yaml.

No settings should be needed. Any errors in your log?

after upgrading HA to 2021.11 and downloading/reinstalling Nibe it all started to work again. Not sure if the updated Nibe works on 2021.4…

Hi @elupus,
So there is no yaml config needed anymore?
I can just delete all?

You need yaml if you want extra parameters or smart thermostats. But otherwise it should not need yaml. Though i don’t know if i explicitly tested it :slight_smile:

I’m doing a test. However it seems it’s not updating.

It gives following error:

Deze fout is ontstaan door een aangepaste integratie.

Logger: custom_components.nibe
Source: custom_components/nibe/__init__.py:339 
Integration: Nibe Uplink Heat Pumps (documentation) 
First occurred: 19:00:47 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 19:00:47

Unexpected error fetching Nibe Uplink: 30809 data: UNKNOWN_ERROR: Unknown error occured. {'httpStatusCode': 500, 'errorCode': 0, 'timestamp': '2021-11-15T18:00:47.1011915Z', 'details': ['Internal Server Error'], 'data': None}
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 500, message="{'httpStatusCode': 500, 'errorCode': 0, 'timestamp': '2021-11-15T18:00:47.1011915Z', 'details': ['Internal Server Error'], 'data': None}", url=URL('https://api.nibeuplink.com/api/v1/systems/30809/notifications?active=True&itemsPerPage=100&type=ALARM')

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 187, in _async_refresh
    self.data = await self._async_update_data()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 147, in _async_update_data
    return await self.update_method()
  File "/config/custom_components/nibe/__init__.py", line 306, in _update
    await self.update_notifications()
  File "/config/custom_components/nibe/__init__.py", line 339, in update_notifications
    notice = await self.uplink.get_notifications(self.system_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/nibeuplink/uplink.py", line 262, in get_notifications
    data = await self.get(f"systems/{system_id}/notifications", params=params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/nibeuplink/uplink.py", line 82, in get
    return await self.session.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py", line 186, in request
    await raise_for_status(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/nibeuplink/session.py", line 26, in raise_for_status
    raise UplinkResponseException(data.get("errorCode"), data) from e
nibeuplink.exceptions.UplinkResponseException: UNKNOWN_ERROR: Unknown error occured.
{'httpStatusCode': 500, 'errorCode': 0, 'timestamp': '2021-11-15T18:00:47.1011915Z', 'details': ['Internal Server Error'], 'data': None}

Looks like uplink issue. They are crashing somewhere.

Ok thanks. Will follow up the next hours/days.

I think there might be an update error with latest release. So if you haven’t updated hold off for now.

Does anyone have a solution for MyUplink integration into HA except for the mentioned modbus solution? I have the new control unit based on MyUplink solution with their MyUplink mobile app and I would like to integrated into HA.

No. Not published at least.

Hello, I’m new to HA and I would like to do some automations, such as stop the heat pump during summer nights and add the water boost when PV generation is between 2kh and 3kh

I tried adding the following to the automations.yaml but it did not work, any idea?

- id: 4axxxxxxxxxxxx
  alias: nibe_hot_water_off
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sun.sun
    to: below_horizon
  condition:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.temperature
    above: '17'
    below: '25'
  action:
  - device_id: yyyyyyyyyy
    domain: water_heater
    entity_id: water_heater.nibe_6yyyyyyyy7
    type: turn_off
  mode: single

- id: 'xxxxxx'
  alias: water boost
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.inverterdalpozz_pv_power
    attribute: unit_of_measurement
    to: '''3000'''
  condition: []
  action:
  - type: turn_on
    device_id: yyyyyyyyy
    entity_id: switch.nibe_67342_hot_water_boost
    domain: switch
  mode: single

What doesn’t work? Does the switches work if you execute manually? If they do, this thread is not really the forum.

If they don’t, do you have a payed account and write access turned on?

Ps. You can’t turn off water heater. It’s not supported by the API provided by NIBE.

Hi,

Firstly huge thanks to @elupus for all the work in getting this off the ground. I have theta Nibe integrated in to HA and feeding temps to via the uplink from the smart thermostats.

This has created a new bunch of entities in HA though, which I’ve set to ‘Auto’ other than S1 Room (BT50 in Uplink) which as I gather is the ideal temperatures of the rooms that HA is reporting to Nibe?

This value seems to change itself and now I’ve got everything integrated, I’m not sure I’m using it correctly.

I saw some previous comments on the use of Tado with Nibe etc, and was wondering what sort of schedules you are setting to ensure the Nibe is most efficient.

Thanks all for your time on this subject

Hi @elupus
I see there is an update 1.2.3 out there.
This one is good to go? :slight_smile: many thanks for your continuous support!

Yup. It should be okey.

Hi, running V1.2.3 here and am not sure if I’m seeing intended behaviour when setting the heating mode and temps from a thermostat card. I made a short video to try and explain.

https://www.loom.com/share/1f9eca2dce5a4795bf90f822c7949bbe

Is there a way to schedule temp limit changes, as in cooler at night and warmer at certain times?
It seems I’ve ended up with a digital thermostat that is only as ‘smart’ as the hardware I’ve replaced, because I can’t schedule changes to the temperature profile (which is possible via SMO20 settings, if smart control is disabled!) - Am I missing something?

Thanks very much

I suppose I could use Tado to close the TRVs in the rooms I want cooler at night, but wouldn’t this just make the heat pump work harder since the average ‘Room Temp’ value would drop?

The smartness need to be done with home assistant automations… I.e. you modify the setpoint of the virtual thermostat, with cooler setpoint at night. There is no built in smartness, it’s just a virtual thermostat based on some temp sensor in a room.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Any thoughts on why the values don’t always stick when changing the thermostats?