Nightscout - ability to choose units

The world of diabetes is divided into two schools - those who measure blood sugar on mmol/L and the USA who use mg/dL. There is an easy conversion, just multiply mmol/L by 18.0156 and you get mg/dL.

The Nightscout API stores and retrieves data in mg/dL and this is what the nightscout integration shows. This is inconvenient for non US users.

I know that we can easily make a template sensor to divide the nightscout result by 18 and get mmol/L, but I suggest that a setup option to choose units would be a better implementation. I am not a programmer at the HA level, so I am asking if this can be done by the HA team.

Same Problem…
Would be great to change between mg/dl and Mmol! Like this this integration is useless for me!
Hope someone will developpe this!

Just create a template sensor to convert. Not useless, just slightly inconvenient.

Reviving this - doubt anyone is looking at it still but I was soooo happy to see the Nightscout integration… only to realize it only has mg/dL. Our son uses it and converting on the fly is not possible for him

That is what templates are for.

It’s an old topic, but here is how I solved it

I added this in my templates.yaml

- sensor:
    - name: blood_sugar_mmol
      state: "{{ ((states.sensor.blood_sugar.state | int)/18) | round(1) }}"
      icon: mdi:water