No auto-fill and flows not working in Node Red

Hi,

I’ve been using node red for around a year now with no problems at all and love it.

This evening i found all my many flows had stopped working and when opening any server related node I am getting a list of messages saying “You probably haven’t deployed since adding a server …you may have to do this to get auto fill working.”. So I laboriously re-deployed every node but no joy, it still happens, ie flows not working and no auto-fill.

I hadn’t done anything with my HA server but I did update HA to the latest release 2021.1.4

I then tried a couple of previous snapshots (both full and partial), uninstalled node red and reinstalled. I’ve switched off the node “cache autocomplete results” option but still cant fix this.

I’ve re-installed Node Red again and still the same problem, maybe something to do with its connection to the HA server but I’ve checked my settings and cant find the fault HELP!!! :slight_smile:
Node Red logs are not showing any problems, at least none that I can see.

Any ideas?

Thanks so far for the comments

Steve

I have had a problem with a different addon after updating to the latest HA Version. But for me a deinstallation, and then a subsequent reinstallation fixed it. A Rebuild didnt work at all.

While I do not have the solution for your troubles i would urge you to check closely all your log files. Any problems reported anywhere? Supervisor log? Node Red log?

What happens when you simply deploy all you nodes?

Last but not least, maybe think of changing the title of your thread to something that describes your actual issue. When I first opened it, i actually expected the typical problem that you cannot see some new items you added to HA. Which usually is fixed by a restart of NodeRed.

Hi all,

I’ve managed to get it working again but I’m not sure exactly what the solution was.

After re-installing node red for the second time I deleted all flows (they re-appeared when starting node red) I also deleted all unused nodes (something I didn’t know how to do previously). I then restarted node red and made a snapshot. After a HA restart I found node red was fully working again and was able to import my flows (which I had exported previously) and after some some routine setting up all is well again.So another snapshot was taken just in case!

I still don’t know why it broke or exactly how I fixed it but am happy again now :slight_smile:

Thanks

Steve