No color picker with tuya bulbs

I’ve been having this sam issue and havent sorted it ou

I didn’t find a solution(per-se) to the issue with the particular bulb but i ordered separate bulbs which had both CW and WW, still controlled by Tuya; Unfortunately all bulbs ordered now have new firmware and can’t be flashed with current tuya-convert (atleast the last few switches and bulbs i’ve tried).The new bulbs added to Tuya and it was able to scale from CW to WW, then added to HA with regular Tuya component, selected force color and updated supported features, everything worked perfectly. Seems as though Tuya integration into HA can’t get a white color correct when there’s no temperature scale(only WW), or I couldn’t set it up correctly with supported features. I have added old bulb as a test device but I haven’t had any luck getting the white to work, as soon as HA tells it to go to white it becomes unavailable.

For me it worked the Supported_features to 63.
I’m not sure where did you get the number from, but works in my 2 smartlife led strip controller

Just to check, you have a led strip with rgb+ww led and setting only supported features worked? You can switch from color back to pure white(not using rgb led to create cool white light)? Can you tell me what HA picks up as the min and max mired for your led strip?

my led strip is just rgb. I’m sorry but I’m not that much an expert. with the configuration I started being able to enter the color selection tool in HA

Go to the Tuta integration. Under options:

Select the devices to configure or leave empty to save configuration (you can select more than one) then Submit
Check Force color support then submit, submit, finish

4 Likes

Yes this works

What’s worked for me, is if you set all your lights to a color (say, red) via the tuya app (or for me google assistant since I load my tuya devices through their integration not HA). Once they’re all some color, reload the integration. Voila. Should work until the integration is reloaded again. Idk why but on integration load it seems to be set depending on if the bulb is in white mode or color mode.

great! worked like a charm here! thanks!

Amazing, this has fixed it for me. Previous solutions showed the colour wheel but did not enable actual changes, this has worked flawlessly.

I recently backed up the little import snapshot (is it a docker file?) from my server.
Rolled a new server and set it up and it’s been a mess EVER since.

I can’t for the life of me get the bulbs to change colour, I’m messing with the featue section (HS, 63) and the stupid things are just not working.

Is there a bug or flaw in the snapshot code for backups which misses some data on import?

Correct but this wasn’t a problem until I set up a new HomeAssistant VM - this was fine for me previously.

I also heard they updated HA and made some changes causing this. It’s very frustrating.

I thought I solved this, by literally deleting my bulb, out of Tuya application (delete and wipe) then re-adding to Tuya, rebooting home assistant 5 minutes later and it appears.

Next reboot, the god damn colour picker is gone again. This was fine, until I was stupid enough to migrate from one machine to another with the backup tool. God help me is there a solution here? It’s supremely frustrating.

Thank you!

Worked great. Thanks you.

I’m having the same problem. It seem if the integration resets while in color temp mode, then switching into color mode just stops working. I I can get the color picker to stick around by making some tweaks to the customizations of the lights, but even with that, sending color changes don’t work. Without customizations, if I do the workaround above, I can get color changes working again.

Ditto… Set to all color/reload and back to working.

Is there an official thread to be following for perm resolution?

This worked for me… the supported_features 63 use to work but not any more. I wonder if there is a script way of doing that for my 50 downlights!

dude i love u so much

1 Like

Yes, please for goodness sakes. This problem has plagued me for a year.

1 Like