No color picker with tuya bulbs

Hi all!

Ran into the same issue with my Tuya light. Both of the suggestions (changing supported_features and the custom component) add the color picker to my light. Great!

The only issue I have is that the only color my light turns is red :sweat_smile:. Warm white works as expected, but every other color inputs result in the light turning red. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Great news! I upgraded to Home Assistant .117.2 from .116.x and my Tuya bulb icons now display the color of the bulbs.

I recently got the Treatlife 4 Pack of Coloring changing bulbs and for the life of me I cannot get it to work. I can dim and choose the Color temperature but that is it. I have tried the fixes above and none seem to allow me the Color wheel. I donā€™t think it should matter but I am using the SmartLife App. I even tried editing the core.enity.registry to no avail. Anyone have any luck? I am running the latest HA 0.117 on a VM. Thanks!

Changing the supported features doesnā€™t work me anymore. It used to but stopped working for some reason.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t work for me ether! I can go into the Tuya app and change from White Mode to Color Mode, but HA can only do one or the other.

Actually, my problem was cased by the fact that I had both the ā€˜normalā€™ tuya integration set up with the customise options as well as the tuya-custom integration. After removing tuya-custom the color wheel returned again.

Thanks, @Saxo. It worked for my Arlec Grid Connect RGB bulbs.

I tried everything on this thread and nothing worked, I gave up till one day I installed Local Tuya (in HACS) for local control of the lightbulbs and not depending on the cloudā€¦

And Iā€™ve got ALL the colors and the scenarios aviables in the Tuya app!!

So for me, Local Tuya was a solution :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wonderful. Worked for my uplight :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know this is kind of an old topic, but I was able to resolve this issue.
As we all know TUYA is REALLY bad. I am actually new to AH and spent ALL DAY yesterday AND the day before, trying to figure this out. I was literally about to flash my bulbs, because even the TUYAHA fix didnā€™t work.
2 unbranded bulbs of the same brand, 2 different light strips, all working beautifully.
HEREā€™S WHAT I DID:

Disabled TUYA from HA
Opened TUYA
IMPORTANT!!! --> CHANGE THE MODE TO COLOR. Make sure you can see the color wheel.
Choose a Color
Re-add TUYA in HA

Should have the Color Picker now.

10 Likes

Does anyone have an update to @Saxoā€™s query from above?

ā€œNow if only I could get HomeKit to play nicely with this setting (it refuses to send the correct white value and just mixes RGB) I would be home free.ā€

I purchased a set of Feit Electric (rebadged Tuya bulbs) from Costco. I have added them to the Tuya app, then to HA using the Tuya integration. Using @Saxoā€™s advice I got the color picker working by adding 63 as a customization, but when I try to update the bulbs in HomeKit, they will only change the RGB values, not the white values. Any advice?

1 Like

I can only add one buld to this method in cotomize.yaml

Here is one:

-light.32535184c82b960d5b92:
  supported_features: 191

It will not let me add an additional one after it.

OK Nevermind. After I post it, it decides it wants to let me add it to customize.yaml .

UUgh. hahaha

Here is the code:

light.32535184c82b960d5b92:

light.32535184c82b960d5d14:

Hi there,
I found a solution with my bulbs connected to HA with tuya integration.
Go to the integration /option
Select your bulb in the menu
Select Force Color mode
and confirm

Resubmit with no selctionr on the base menu to save the config.
your tuya bulb should have the color wheel

14 Likes

I have been able to get the color wheel for all of the tuya devices, however I cannot control the white LED separately. I am able to set the light to control the white LED through alexa or tuya but I cannot get HA to set it. When I set the color temp, the bulb goes to an unresponsive state until i physically change the color through alexa/tuya. I have searched and changed to tuya custom as well as added custom items for the entities but canā€™t get the white LED to work only RGB. any ides?

Iā€™ve been having this sam issue and havent sorted it ou

I didnā€™t find a solution(per-se) to the issue with the particular bulb but i ordered separate bulbs which had both CW and WW, still controlled by Tuya; Unfortunately all bulbs ordered now have new firmware and canā€™t be flashed with current tuya-convert (atleast the last few switches and bulbs iā€™ve tried).The new bulbs added to Tuya and it was able to scale from CW to WW, then added to HA with regular Tuya component, selected force color and updated supported features, everything worked perfectly. Seems as though Tuya integration into HA canā€™t get a white color correct when thereā€™s no temperature scale(only WW), or I couldnā€™t set it up correctly with supported features. I have added old bulb as a test device but I havenā€™t had any luck getting the white to work, as soon as HA tells it to go to white it becomes unavailable.

For me it worked the Supported_features to 63.
Iā€™m not sure where did you get the number from, but works in my 2 smartlife led strip controller

Just to check, you have a led strip with rgb+ww led and setting only supported features worked? You can switch from color back to pure white(not using rgb led to create cool white light)? Can you tell me what HA picks up as the min and max mired for your led strip?

my led strip is just rgb. Iā€™m sorry but Iā€™m not that much an expert. with the configuration I started being able to enter the color selection tool in HA