No color picker with tuya bulbs

Go to the Tuta integration. Under options:

Select the devices to configure or leave empty to save configuration (you can select more than one) then Submit
Check Force color support then submit, submit, finish

4 Likes

Yes this works

What’s worked for me, is if you set all your lights to a color (say, red) via the tuya app (or for me google assistant since I load my tuya devices through their integration not HA). Once they’re all some color, reload the integration. Voila. Should work until the integration is reloaded again. Idk why but on integration load it seems to be set depending on if the bulb is in white mode or color mode.

great! worked like a charm here! thanks!

Amazing, this has fixed it for me. Previous solutions showed the colour wheel but did not enable actual changes, this has worked flawlessly.

I recently backed up the little import snapshot (is it a docker file?) from my server.
Rolled a new server and set it up and it’s been a mess EVER since.

I can’t for the life of me get the bulbs to change colour, I’m messing with the featue section (HS, 63) and the stupid things are just not working.

Is there a bug or flaw in the snapshot code for backups which misses some data on import?

Correct but this wasn’t a problem until I set up a new HomeAssistant VM - this was fine for me previously.

I also heard they updated HA and made some changes causing this. It’s very frustrating.

I thought I solved this, by literally deleting my bulb, out of Tuya application (delete and wipe) then re-adding to Tuya, rebooting home assistant 5 minutes later and it appears.

Next reboot, the god damn colour picker is gone again. This was fine, until I was stupid enough to migrate from one machine to another with the backup tool. God help me is there a solution here? It’s supremely frustrating.

Thank you!

Worked great. Thanks you.

I’m having the same problem. It seem if the integration resets while in color temp mode, then switching into color mode just stops working. I I can get the color picker to stick around by making some tweaks to the customizations of the lights, but even with that, sending color changes don’t work. Without customizations, if I do the workaround above, I can get color changes working again.

Ditto… Set to all color/reload and back to working.

Is there an official thread to be following for perm resolution?

This worked for me… the supported_features 63 use to work but not any more. I wonder if there is a script way of doing that for my 50 downlights!

dude i love u so much

1 Like

Yes, please for goodness sakes. This problem has plagued me for a year.

1 Like

I bought 2 LSC smart connect Christmas light string 200 led RGB. This is a rebranded Tuya light string.

These are added to the Tuya app and work fine over there.

I then added the Tuya integration in HA by entering the Tuya Smart app and Tuya IoT Platform accounts. Both light strings got added to HA, but I don’t seem to be able to control the light colors.

The following attributes were added.

supported_color_modes: onoff
color_mode: hs
friendly_name: Wifi Christmas light (RGB)
supported_features: 0

I tried the suggestions that were mentioned in the thread. (supported_features and reload the integration after color change in the Tuya app), but without a positive result.

Any other suggestions?

supported_color_modes: onoff = There are none, just on and off.

Try ;

brightness: true
color_mode: true
supported_color_modes: rgb

I can’t get it to work with LocalTuya. I have one bulb and I can add it and it works but as soon as I reconfigure to change it to color or whatever, HA says that the lamp isn’t available anymore. Tried also the suggestion by removing it from HA, setting it to color in Tuya and then reconfigure. The only thing I can do is turn it on or off.

I don’t know if it helps or not: I have Feit color bulbs connected through the Tuya app. Clicking on the name when the bulbs are powered on opens the color picking/ window. But the color picking window does not show up when clicking the name while the bulb is off.

1 Like

I am having this same problem with a different rebrand of a tuya LED-strip. I tried supported_features 191 and 63, I tried changing the color in tuya and then reloading the integration, i tried reconnecting my tuya account but nothing seems to work…
Only difference is that I am using an RGBW led strip.