No colour control for Fibaro RGBW using Zwave-JS

Hi all

I have a few 1st-gen Fibaro RGBW zwave controllers. They were working as coloured lights with the old zwave integration (colour wheel showed up in the entity properties). Under zwave-JS, they show a “Colour Switch” value in the zwave-JS-to-MQTT control panel and I can use this to select a colour. But they only seem to create 5 light entities, none of which is showing up as a colour light. The first entity turns all the others on/off so I assume 2-5 are the RGBW channels? How do I get the first entity properly set up as an RGB device?

Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same question, but I think it’s currently a limitation of the integration.

1 Like

It’s a known issue. Hopefully being worked on…

2 Likes

Thanks both (and devs) – will wait patiently!

I can confirm with the 2021.4 update the problem still exists.

I have this same issue. Hopefully this will be resolved in some new version.

Same issue here too with version 2021.6 :frowning:

2 Likes

Apparently they fixed Controller 2, but not the original. I’m not holding my breath.

Are you sure about that? The FGRGBW-442 is still not showing the color wheel in my HA setup… The issue remains that the ZWave JS server handles these devices differently to OpenZWave, and I’m not convinced that anyone is actually looking at it - the GitHub issue threads all seem to be long closed without any resolution that I’ve seen.

Sure? No, because I don’t have the 442. Mine still doesn’t work. But I read others have had success with the 442.

Exactly the same question.
First gen fibaro RGBw.
Latest ha version.
Same issue :sob:

There’s an open issue?

Same issue here with first gen RGBW.

Hi everyone, same issue with a 441 here. No colour control.

Same for me. Just got one, disappointed :frowning: Please update HA devs! This device worked really simply under SmarThings

The RGBW 441 works fine in HA. Make sure your version of zwave-js is up to date. Perform a re-interview if you have upgraded zwave-js since adding the device. There will be 5 or 6 light entities for the device, only one of them has the color wheel. In HA, the light must be on for the color wheel to be displayed.

Many thanks for the tip. In the lovelace interface I’m now seeing the colour wheel as you helped me to do - but, clicking in it results in an error:

I would try re-interviewing the node. If that doesn’t work I’d submit a new bug to HA.

It’s a bug in 2021.8. Aside from downgrading to 2021.7, interacting with the color then upgrading back to 2021.8, you can try setting a single color using a service call:

service: zwave_js.set_value
target:
  entity_id: light.dining_room
data:
  command_class: '51'
  endpoint: '0'
  property: targetColor
  property_key: '2'
  value: 100

After making that service call (with your entity id), the color wheel should work.

1 Like

And should now be fixed in 2021.8.5.

1 Like

Does the Fibaro controller need to be excluded and re-added? I can’t seem to get mine to work correctly still. I just upgraded to core-2021.8.6.

I just needed to re-interview the nodes and issue the service call to them listed above (because I was on 2021.8.4 at the time). This worked for both the 441 and 442 devices.