No custom card preview in editor

im working on the editor for my custom card and for the life of me i cant figure out why i dont get a preview of the card in the editor. my custom card is a card of cards so i am basically mimicking the hui-stack-card-editor

it shows the custom card element but theres nothing in the shadow-root:

if i save the card from the editor and then go into edit mode again, the preview shows the proper config. if i then make edits, those are not rendered until i save and reopen in edit mode. after saving from edit mode you can see that the custom card element has rendered to the shadow-root:

if i log the custom-cards setConfig, it is being set, but logging the render, nothing happens. all the configs being updated from fire events in my editor element seem to be of correct form.

i thought it might have something to do with the ll-rebuild event that i set on each of the cards in my card but i dont ever see that fired when i log it.

if someone is knowledgeable with this here is the code of my custom card and its editor: tabbed-card-editor.ts · GitHub

this was due to an oversight in the properties not changing if the values were already set.

Hello, may you explain more about the solution? I’m facing the exact same problem right now