No Data after HA core update from 23.1.1 to 23.5.0

Hi
updated my homeassistant core from 2023.1.1 to 2023.5.0 but after that all my data was gone. Energy Tab shows nothing and also all other sensors data, from the time before the update, was gone.
The sensors themself are well working but it seems HA has startet with new and clean database …
I had a full backup before the update and restored it and all is fine again.

Is there any chance to get the data back or where is my mistake?

Regards

You missed some database schema changes and migrations in the intervening updates.

Restore the backup you made before updating and update one major version at a time.

Hi and thanks for your fast answer … im quite of new with HA and the update window shows me only the newest version to upgrade to … 2023.5.0 in that case … After some search i found a cli command

ha core update --version 2023.5.0 --backup

but where should i type this into? into the ssh terminal addon? and then step by step from 2023.1.1 to
2023.5.0 ?

Yes there. Look at at the gihub release page and pick the last minor version of each major version. Skip the beta “b” releases.

Also check the breaking changes in the blog post for each release. And then fix anything you need to before updating to the next version.

https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/categories/release-notes/

Hi,
so after some hours of step by step updates my core system is on 2023.5.1 and all is working fine …
thanks a lot

1 Like