No Devices Reported in Home Assistant MQTT Integration

I am trying to connect an Ikea TRÅDFRI button and a Philips Hue bulb to my Home Assistant setup.

I have the Home Assistant Core Docker container installed on my Linux box using the host network and I then have Zigbee2MQTT & Mosquitto Docker containers both running alongside HA Core on the bridge network with appropriate port mappings in place.

In Zigbee2MQTT I believe I have it correctly configured it with my Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus. That is, I can see my two devices in the Zigbee2MQTT front-end and I am able to interact with them.

In Mosquitto I have it configured with a strong password on the default port and I believe it is interacting with Zigbee2MQTT correctly. That is, using MQTT explorer I can see that there is a zigbee2mqtt topic that appears to contain information about my two devices. As I interact with my devices it appears that the zigbee2mqtt topic is updated:

However, I then try and add the MQTT integration to Home Assistant using the same broker IP address, port, username & password that Zigbee2MQTT is successfully using. However, Home Assistant doesn’t report any devices. I can’t post more than one image here but I see the MQTT integration but where I expect to see N services and M entities, I see nothing.

I have read that when adding the MQTT integration it uses the homeassistant topic by default. Well, looking at MQTT explorer, that topic doesn’t contain any information about my devices. So I explicitly set the topic to zigbee2mqtt - still, no devices are found. I then tried setting the topic to # and at the time I hit the Start Listening button, it did seem to receive a JSON payload containing information about my devices - so I at least know that Home Assistant is able to contact my Mosquitto instance. However, when I return back to the Home Assistant dashboard, the MQTT integration still listed no devices.

I seem to be close to having these three service integrated, but can anyone help me get over the last hurdle of getting Home Assistant to see the devices that Mosquito can? I am happy to post relevant logs and other details as necessary. Thank you!

Ugghh, it turns out I simply hadn’t enabled the Home Assistant integration in Zigbee2MQTT. :neutral_face: