No entities for Zemismart Tubular roller blind Zigbee 3.0 - M2805EGBZTN

Thank you for your manual! This helped me a lot. Now roller shades works perfect)

Is 433.92 MHz is says. Should work, I think

I’m considering purchasing a number of these. Are they now fully working with ZHA?
Are the remotes pairable?
Would the tuya hub be needed to reverse direction if needed or can this be done within ZHA?

Lastly… Is it much hassle to swap an existing chain off the tube? Is it pop off and then pop the motor in? Would it go back on existing brackets or would they need to be swapped? Obviously much lower cost to go DIY route than professional (and not locked to any proprietary hubs).

There’s a few different versions around, but if you get one like the one I liked I can confirm I’ve had it running for weeks now with no issues. I currently just have it set to come up and down with the sun and it just works.

I’m not sure about reversing the direction, I didn’t need to do anything, it might be possible via the remote perhaps? Certainly the blind can be set up and used with just the remote.

Putting it up was easy, I just removed the existing chain end cap and pushed the motor in. It comes with two brackets, but you only need to use the motor end one really. The mounting holes were spaced differently to my existing brackets and I drilled new holes because the brackets were screwed into concrete and I had zero intentions of drilling new holes! The motor is designed to fit a 37/38mm tube, which I imagine is pretty standard worldwide. It has splines which drive against the inner lip where the blind fabric is mounted,

Thanks for that I’m looking at the rechargeable version.

My main concern was that my blinds are fitted tight to limit of recess so if the motor was wider than the current set up I wouldn’t be able to use them. If it’s just a bracket swap with no change in actual position this will be fine.

Perhaps it will be useful to someone how to pair the 915MHz remote.

Personally I would get the motors with Zigbee built directly into the motor unit. You will get the Up, Stop, Down buttons in Home assistant and you will get the ability to view current position and tell it to go to a certain position.

You must purchase a remote with the motor. I just bought one of the multichannel remotes and used that to program all my motors, no need to get a remote for every motor. You need the remote to set the upper and lower limits, and if you need to insert the motor on the right end of the tube, you will need to use the remote to change the motor programming to be reversed. The good news is that reversing the motor direction is a setting that’s saved in the motor itself and then the up and down controls in Home Assistant will work correctly, even if they were backwards initially after pairing with ZHA.

I used an angle grinder to make the rubber grip end of the motor a smaller diameter to fit inside of Fridans roller shades from IKEA. I had to also 3D print a new end cap due to the smaller tube diameter.

I have found the motor itself to connect into most existing wall mounts, it will really depend on the other side’s cap/mount whether you can resuse existing mounts or have to switch to using the wall mounts that come with the motor.

Great info thanks.

Do you know what the diameter of the motor itself is? (i.e. what’s the max you can take off the end caps!)

Hey All! Have similar problem with a zigbee tubular motor from Ajax online! What is the best course of action ? I use ZHA for reference

This is the signature for the device:

{`
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress: 128>, manufacturer_code=4098, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=False, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=False, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0051",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0xef00"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZE200_uzinxci0",
  "model": "TS0601",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

Just in case this helps anyone… I have the Zemismart AM24-ZB with Zemismart Zigbee Dongle For AM15 Smart App Control Mini Design as the RF Zigbee bridge.

I did the following

Remote

• Paired remote using the instructions in the packet
    • Press and hold ‘Up’ on remote
    • Simultaneously connect battery
    • Blind should move slightly
    • Release then press ‘UP’ again
    • Blind moves - remote paired
    • Set limits as per packet instructions

Zigbee

• Plug in Zigbee USB (Mine was ZM_AM02) to somewhere with power
  • Press the pairing button 5-8 times in rapid succession
  • Should start blinking
  • Add it through ZHA how you normally would
  • Once paired - press the Midde / Stop button on RF remote you paired prior. Hold for about 5 secs til blind moves up and down slightly like earlier
  • Press ‘UP’ on the recently configured dongle in ZHA
  • Blind moves again to confirm

Caveat - You need 1 dongle per blind. You cannot pair two blinds to one dongle. Which sucks. But whatever I guess.

Hope this was the right place and hope this helps someone. Took me ages / lots of deciphering to work out ZHA pairing.

3 Likes

What is the button combination on the remote to reverse the motor direction?

I don’t recall. I know I had to first pair the remote to the motor though. Both of the motor models I bought came with instructions for the remotes, there was a section detailing several of the motor direction. I’d look at the instructions that came with your items.

I have spoken with Zemismart and they have checked with their manufacturer, and have confirmed that you cannot change the direction of this motor as detailed in Step E in the instructions. They said it can however be done through the app, so if you pair a motor to a hub, you should be able to configure that in the app. I bought some other model motors from them that have less torque and a different looking RF remote, and those were able to reverse motor direction no problem using the remote and provided instructions. Just thought I would put this information out there as I wasn’t able to find any concrete information searching online.

If you let the motor roll all the way down to the bottom and leave it rolling it will start to roll the blind in the opposite direction once it gets to the end of the material.

After searching the internet for instructions to reverse the motor shade direction, I contacted Zemismart and they provided these instructions. I was able to successfully invert the motor direction on Model ZM25TQ

5A637DBF-6155-43C5-AF19-94FF094E49E4

1 Like

Is anyone able to trigger a third/favorite limit position through Home assistant? This is extremely useful for zebra blinds. Using the remote, I can hold the STOP button for 3 seconds to achieve this.

Hello, I got mine yesterday, but I have a Problem with the remote. It is not working. I tried the way that is shown in the video above but I cant get it to work.
Zigbee is working for me I can controll the blind, but as I iunderstand it, I can’t set the limits without the remote, can I?

This was super helpful. I have a similar setup but have successfully paired multiple blinds to one dongle:
Motors - Zemismart AM25-1 - Rechargable Roller Blind Motor with Solar Panel for 38mm Tube Motorized Electric Roller Blind Shade RF Remote Control,
Dongles - Zemismart ZM_AM02 - Zemismart Zigbee Dongle For AM15 Smart App Control Mini Design
Remote - I have a few different kinds, but they all work the same

Now, I did everything the same as your instructions, except that I paired multiple blinds to the same remote/channel BEFORE moving on to the Zigbee instructions.

I now have 9 shades on the main floor opening and closing via homeassistant/google with ONE dongle.

Hope this helps someone else, as I too spent hours upon hours working on this.