No events with Yellow, Z2M and Ikea e1745

I am trying to get the E1745 motion detector to work with Yellow with Zigbee2MQTT. I can pair, but somehow I get no events back. I can bind it to a group, but nothing happens on detection anyway. If this is an issue with EFR32, is there a better FW to flash than the stable 6.10.3 that is already there? Would be really interesting to know if someone has this working.

I do have a conbee II lying around (the same sensors were working fine with deconz), but it always had problems handling the 110+ devices in my Zigbee network, the EFR32 seems to be able to handle this better. Or can I run with two adapters?

My experience with ZHA + Yellow + IKEA Zigbee kit was very patchy, however with the February firmware update, the 5-button remote has become reliable, with long battery lite (which was unheard of).
The downside is you need to manually enable firmware updates, and a new quirks file is needed as the mapping is very different:

Now, I’ve not used a E1745 but based on that experience, I’d enable auto-firmware updates and see what happens after 48h.

Note: I did bin a 1-button remote in 2022 as it was too weird to even pair with ZHA. Z2MQTT was supposed to be more accommodating, but that was before the latest firmware.

If this helps, :heart: this post!

Thanks a lot for the response. I already have lots of 5-button remotes and bulbs from ikea, also xiaomi sensors etc running and Z2M seems nicely up to that task. I only have a problem with the E1745 and would be also interested in any experience with Yellow (or some other EFR32 stick) with them?

I now am running z2m and deconz at the same time with two different adapters (Yellow, conbeeII) so I can use all devices (E1745 work fine on deconz/conbeeII). But I would like to simplify, so if anyone can get this to work on Yellow I would still be very interested.