No Insteon Low, Med, or High Option

I have been running both Home Assistant & Homeseer. I just started with Home Assistant all in about 3 months ago. I have been slowly adding & migrating stuff over from Homeseer. I have most of my Insteon devices in Home Assistant now but IO have encountered on issue. I have two 6-Key Dimmer Pads (2334-232) with two FanLinc’s. When I push the “A” button on the 6-Key I want the Fanlinc fan to come on at Low. B - Medium C - High I am not sure how to accomplish this. When making an automation there is only an option to turn on/off the fan but no speed. I have still yet to figure out what are how the scenes work. Any help is appreciated. If it matters I an using the newer Hub 2245-555.

Any idea, anyone?

when you say “there is only option to turn on/off” do you mean that this doesn’t work?

- service: fan.set_percentage
      target:
        entity_id: fan.your_fan
      data:
        percentage: 50

When I try to create the automation there is no option for anything but to turn on/off the fan.

Based on your post does this need to be done with the yaml file?

no. the issue is you’re choosing to start from selecting the device. as a general rule, avoid dealing with devices and deal with entities instead.

in the ui, choose ‘service’, then you’ll get this:

Insteon uses low, medium, & high not percentages.

i’m not familiar with insteon, however you should still give this a try. i’ve seen other systems round to the nearest… so it might map 1-33 to low, or something like that… i dunno since i don’t have your device. but can’t hurt to try :slight_smile:

in the above… again, choose entity… green far right. not device…

OK, I see what you are saying. BTW Thanks! Yes, my Treatlife switches work on a percent & I have not played with those yet either. I just figured under the Insteon automations there would be a low, medium, & high option for the fan.

cool… well… i’m crossing my fingers for you on the insteons!
when you choose devices, it only lists out what it has explicit commands for. it doesn’t tell you if any of the commands take parameters.

That did the trick. Well I have 25 Insteon devices & not will to jump ship with them yet. Homeseer seems to have much better platform form Insteon devices than Home Assistant. However, Home Assistant is much more robust in other areas which is why I moved.

great! glad it works!