No more history, log, or configuration check

(sorry for my english, I hope it’s readable)

Since few days, all my history-graph cards in lovelace says “No state history found”, and the history tab is endlessly loading. I have first think it was a problem with my database, I use a docker container with Postgresql. But if I do a sql request on the events or state table, I can see the last events are still recorded.

I have see nothing in the logs of the home assistant container.

If I try to see the logs in lovelace, the log tab is endlessly loading.

I wanted to remove the last modification I’ve made in my config (on automations, so it’s probably not the cause of the problem, but we never know), and I can’t check the configuration. it loads without ever stopping.

I’ve try to drop the tables in Postgresql, and to comment the line in onfiguration.yaml so home assistant create a new sqlite database.
But the problems are still here.

Someone have an idea ?

Hi Coninoxx,

I’m no HA expert, but my best guess is that it’s because of changes in database format (see https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2020/07/01/release-112/#important-upgrade-notice).

I had the very same issue and ended up deleting (renaming) /config/home-assistant_v2.db. I lost all history, but at least everything works now.

If you care about the history, try figuring out how to force re-run the db upgrade for version 0.112.

Hope that helps!
Petr

I had the very same issue and ended up deleting (renaming) /config/home-assistant_v2.db . I lost all history, but at least everything works now.

I think It’s the same to drop the tables in postgresql.
I have try to comment the connection line to postgresql in configuration.yaml, and restart home assistant. So home-assistant_v2.db have been created. The problem was still here.
I have deleted home-assistant_v2.db and restart home assistant.
The problems are stille here.

I don’t think the problem is from the Database.
Even if my configuration.yaml contains only the following lines :

homeassistant:
  name: Maison
  latitude: !secret latitude
  longitude: !secret longitude
  elevation: 35
  unit_system: metric
  time_zone: Europe/Paris

http:
frontend:

I can’t access to Configuration > Integrations (the loading never end)
I can’t access to Configuration > logs (the loading never end)
I can’t check the configuration (it never end)
And there is a thing that never end in Configuration > Customizations (but I never go there, so I don’t know what it is)

Start by adding

default_config:
recorder:

to your configuration.yaml

I have the same problems after adding these two lines

It seems I can’t neither check my templates in Developer Tools > Templates.

I have “Unknown error rendering template” with the default example, or even if I just write something like “Hello”