No Sleep/Lock on Ipad

Hey Guys,

i have a little Problem with my Ha App on my wallmounted Ipad.

As soon as i am on my Main Dashboard which Displays my Cameras live feed my Ipad display doesnt turn off.

If im on my light page for example without any animated cards my display turns off after 3 min like it should.

Is there a way to fix this?

1 Like

Hello, i’m thinking of putting a tablet on the wall as a home assistant control center. I have an ipad and I would like to know how I can make the screen turn on automatically when someone approaches… thank you very much

hey david,

sorry for my late reply. Yes that works with a motion sensor near the ipad. U have to activate the Guided Acces on the Ipad and create an automation which messages the ipad

Has anyone figured out the original question? I also have a dashboard with cameras that use WebRTC, and the iPad screen never turns off…

Did anyone found a solution for this?

I also have 2 wall mounted iPads running guided access and the dashboard has animated cards. I belive this is preventing from iPad auto locking or going in to sleep.

Anyway work around this? is possible for HA to send a request to iPad lock it self?

or any other way around it? is there other solutions other than guided access?

Hey @xHackYx - did you end up finding an way around for this? I also have issues with autolocking feature in guided access on a dashboard with animated cards.

I just came across the same issue. I have a live video added to the dashboard using WebRTC and if that is active then the iPad no longer auto-locks. Anyone found a solution to this or is it just a case of we can’t have live video on display if we want auto-lock?