No Speedtest.net or network System Monitor in ESXi VM?

Recently I migrated hassio to ESXi VM. Working fine and now I’m playing with fine-tuning of the configuration and face 2 network related issues:

• speedtest.net integration does not work; it initiates and exposes new sensors to lovelace, but these sensors state is always unknown. I’m using exactly the same configuration as in previous installation, so shouldn’t be any problem…
  • System Monitor - I can’t get network bandwidth monitoring to work… It seems I just can’t get proper argument to configure as the name of interface to be used. Whatever command I run I get down to 3 interfaces on my hassio instance;
    – eth0 (that seems to be assigned to docker communication, as it uses 172.30.x.x),
    – lo (loopback using 127.0.0.1)
    – sit0 (that is used for IPv6).
    So none of interfaces seems to be configured to 192.168.x.x. In System Monitor documentation it is stated that unless required to bind to specific interface, ‘Local Area Connection’ should be used… but it is not working either.

Any advise how to fix these issues?

No clue what happened, but speedtest started to work suddenly…
Only one more problem to go…

Being too optimistic… Checked Speedtest.net results today morning and for no obvious reason it stopped to work in the middle of the night… So seems both issues still require some solution… Any idea? What to look for ?

I’d like to know as well. Hassio on esx, Speedtest works but shows my speeds as terrible, and network_in/out show unknown.

After some time of observation I tend to acknowledge that my problems with speedtest were most likely problems with selected speedtest server provider… after few days everythign started to work again sond so far is quite stable… So, indeed the only unresolved mystery is still what is the NIC interface that hassio VM communicate with the outside world…
Regarding speed; I do have 250/20mpbs line and results are reporthed in range of 235/18mbps. So, no problem here. Perhaps some NIC configuration issue? Do you use for your hassio VM E1000 driver? Other types of NIC cause performance issues or do not work at all…
I have had very poor results while running tests on RPi 3 B+ Download was ~60mpbs only, whle upload was keeping upt to speed of ~18mpbs as it is now. It was strange, because it is below limits of RPi 3 B+. I recall when I started playing with hassio I was getting up to ~180mbps…

The eth0 NIC will be the NIC to monitor traffic on.

Nope… eth0 is linked to 172.30.x.x which is dokcer internal communication and shows almost no traffic. I’d expect at least at the time of runnig speedtest to have some spikes in bandwith consumption on this interface, but nothing there…
Question is what interface links to 192.168.x.x (or how otherwise it is done), which is external IP of hassio in local network?

eth0 on the 172.30.x.x network then get’s NAT’ed to the IP address of the host running docker. This is going to be your communication NIC. Your speedtest may actually be getting out via your sit0 connection as they do support IPv6 if I recall.

OK, have to test the sit0 then… Since it is for IP v6 and I do not have it set in home network, I assumed it is not the one… So what you are saying is that docker can do NAT from interval IPv6 to external IPv4?

No it’ll NAT IPv6 to IPv6.