No stable notification with Home Assistatn App

Hello folks

I have the problem that push notifications do not arrive stable. If the phone is locked and a notification comes through the service notification.notification then the phone remains silent. If I unlock the phone I get the notification. If I lock the phone again and send another notification I get it in the locked state. If the phone stays longer I get no more notification from Home Assistant.

App: Home Assistant

I have set the startup behavior to manual and let the app run in the background.

sounds like you need to make use of ttl and priority to get the notification to show up faster

see the android example on this page: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/critical-notifications

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply. That with the channel I did not know and is already a great thing.

Because I have Android 10 I have set the following:

title: "Title!"
data:
  vibrationPattern: "100, 1000, 100, 1000, 100"
  importance: high
  channel: test

Unfortunately nothing has changed, as soon as the phone is locked longer I get the notifications only after unlocking.

Please go back to the link i posted and read that page in particular carefully. Look at the first android example and follow that. What you posted is not that example lol, you went to another page and found a different set of features that is unrelated to a notification showing up right away.