No themes available

Hello all,
I’ve done extensive research before posting here, I know there are already similar topics, but nothing seems to work for me.
The Theme selector is greyed out in Profile. I enabled frontend in configuration.yaml.

frontend:
themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes/

The themes folder is there in the Home Assistant directory and contains the yaml files for each theme.
I installed a couple of themes using Hacs, but when I check the Home Assistant logs I find the following: WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.frontend] Theme Dark & Green is not defined.
A while ago it all used to be working, I can’t really remember when it just stopped, I noticed it a few days ago.
I tried removing and re-adding the frontend component, deleting the themes folder and recreating it, uninstalling the themes from Hacs and reinstalling them, I’ve watched every video I found available and read all similar forum posts, just cannot get it to enable again.
I would appreciate any idea any of you might have that could help me regain the ability to set themes.

1 Like

You don’t have the second line indented properly, and have an extra slash after themes. Change it to this:

frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

Then go to Developer Tools -> Services -> search for frontend.reload_themes and hit the “Call Service” button. After that it should work.

1 Like

Sean, thanks for the input. The / after themes was added after seeing it on another thread, I had it without before. Anyway, I changed it back and checked that the indentation was correct on the second line (two spaces).
I restarted home assistant and called the frontend.reload_themes service. Nothing happened, and in Profile it is still showing greyed out.

This is what appears in the logs:

And this is my Themes folder:
It is really weird, as I said, I tried completely removing the configuration, the folder, everything related to themes and then adding it back one by one. Still cannot select themes.

1 Like

I would say you have an error somewhere in your “Dark & Green” theme.

remove it, rename it or comment the whole thing out and see if the error goes away.

If it does then look there for the issue.

OK, my own stupidity here, was just too blind to see it. I’ve been fighting this for the last couple of days.
After checking configuration.yaml again I discovered that I had the frontend component declared twice, once for themes and further down for the floorplan. This must have somehow disabled the themes although the configuration check did not flag it out. Once I got rid of one and added the remaining configuration to the other one and restarted HA, my themes appeared again.
Thanks for your responses guys.

It works for me thank you !!! the problem was in the 2 spaces !!!