No webinterface, no ssh, where is my supervisor container?

Hi, since today my HomeAssistant stopped working. Maybe it was after I installed the latest update yesterday, but I’m not 100% sure.

So opening my homeassistant.local: gives me a website which does not exist.
Normally I can login with ssh hassio@, but there it says: Connection refused.

So the only thing left for me was to hook up my Raspberry Pi to a monitor and start it. I noticed a couple of things:

First it reports a couple of checksum errors:
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p8): Invalid checksum for backup superblock 32768
(and 8 of such messages after this)

Second thing I see is that it can’t start the “Wait Until Kernel Time Synchronized” service.
It hints I should look at:
systemctl status systemd-time-wait-sync.service

As last the console is waiting:
Waiting for the Home Assistant CLI to be ready...

This takes a while and then the prompt is available after it writes:
[WARN] Home Assistant CLI not starting! Jump into emergency console...

I googled a lot and found a lot of posts, but none of those helped me. Some say I have to type ‘login’ to get it solved, but for me not.

So I had a look at the systemctl command.

I see error:
Failed to add a watch for /run/systemd/timesync: No such file or directory
start operation timed out. Terminating.
Failed to start Wait Until Kernel Time Synchronized

I check the location/path, which does exist.

Then I tried ha to try to restart supervisor, but here I see this error:

Error response from daemon: Container 2ffa8ea7d997.... is not running

When I do docker ps -a I see that only hassio_observer is ‘Up’, all the rest is ‘Exited’. See screenshot.

So I started containers: homeassistant and hassio_cli. After that I typed ‘login’ and I got the HomeAsstant banner (yeah) with message:
Waiting for Supervisor to startup....

This took a while and logged-me-in to ha>

Hmm, but there was no docker container for the supervisor.

I was able to login to the webinterface by now. The supervisor really has problems, because it ‘failed to initialize’. The observer prints:

Supervisor: Disconnected
Error response from daemon: No such container: hassio_supervisor

Any idea how to get the supervisor back and up-and-running? How can help me, please?

• Regards
    Arno

First error is maybe a fault from the shutdown and should hopefully be corrected when it gets detected.

Second one is that the RPi needs to sync with a time server, which is probably located on the internet, so make sure it still have internet connection.
The connection can sometimes take a while, which might cause the error/warning to be displayed.

Third is that there might be and error in the HA CLI. It causes an error about RO mounts, but HA as such should still work and I do not think this should put you in safe-mode.

This is sadly not a solution to your problems, but more a hint to not focus on the first few things that pops up. Well, the first one might be an issue if it keeps occurring after a reboot.

Hey :slight_smile:
I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to fix it?

Hi @CubE135

Well my Rasp with HA is running again and I have not restored it.

I had this problem before and then I managed to start the docker supervisor image. My rasp should be connected to the internet.

The last time I played a lot longer with the docker images. Started all which were not running, restart, did it again and so on. Eventually it worked again. Also a new update is available at that time, and I always first install the update, hoping the issues go away.

So my best suggestion is, try to start all ‘Exited’ HA images.