No ZHA_Event when pressing button on Aqara H1 Wirless Switch (Double Rocker)

Hi, as the title says, I don’t get any event when I press the switch. I use the SkyConnect Stick (with Multiprotocol) and ZHA for Zigbee. I already have a Aqara Motion Sensor which works flawlessly and some other stuff.

The problematic Switch is called “Bett Schalter” in here. So I was able to integrate it. But it is already strange that I don’t see the Battery Status (“Unbekannt”==“Unknown”)
grafik

I reset it a few times, paired it again right next to the SkyConnect Stick. But still no events in the log. Therefore no automation blueprint is doing anything. I just bought it and “unsealed” the battery. It also flashes blue, when I press a button.
Is it broken or can I do anything else?

On my “Device info” cards (also using Skyconnect and ZHA) I get “Connected via”, which doesn’t seem to appear on yours.

Does this indicate a pairing problem? You may have to keep the switch awake during pairing by pressing the button every second or so until it’s completed.

Thanks for your answer. That’s strange. The “Connected via …” isn’t shown on any of my Zigbee devices. When I’m pairing the switch, it is instantly found, but the initialising process takes longer than for other devices.
I also have installed the wired H1 Switches with neutral, which work fine. Although the power consumption sensors are missing. I read, that Aqara works better with Zigbee2MQTT. I don’t really want another Coordinator :confused:

Have you got the latest SkyConnect firmware?

I bought it 3 weeks ago and trusted the website, which states, that there is nor upgrade required at the moment. Home Assistant SkyConnect

Well just wanted to reply and say, that I gave up.
I saw a video that stated, that these H1 switches work way better with MQTT. Sooo I bought a second Zigbee coordinator (Sonoff) and installed Zigbee2MQTT parallel to ZHA and the switch was instantly setup and I could easily see the events it sent.
Bit of a bummer because I didn’t want to have two seperate systems on my fairly new HA environment.

1 Like

thanks for the update. I am using Zigbee2MQTT and still have the problem that there are no events registered in ha for the Aqara H1 switch. Do you mind helping me? Please add me on discord, my username is udcdkyrais

PS: ich bin auch deutsch :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone managed to get this Aqara H1 double rocker switch working with the SkyConnect?

I have the same issue in that it pairs but doesn’t generate any “zha_event” - it seems to be missing the “quirk” (zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.remote_h1.RemoteH1DoubleRocker2) under “Device Info” (lumi.remote.b28ac1) - Zigbee info.

From a quick web search:

That blog post suggests it should work “out of the box” with recent versions of HA (at least from 2023.9.2).
But it does also provide a link to a custom quirk that could be installed manually:

EDIT: Installing the custom quirk manually worked for me - restarting and re-pairing the device picked up the “quirk” (zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.remote_h1.RemoteH1DoubleRocker2) under “Device Info” (lumi.remote.b28ac1) - Zigbee info.

EDIT 2: To get the double/triple/long clicks to work, I also had to follow the instructions to set the operation_mode to 1 and click_mode to 2.