Node-Red 13.5.0 server config errors

Recently upgraded to 13.5.0. After upgrade ALL my Node-Red automations failed tp work. Was getting “no server found” and “invalid server configuration” errors.

Only way I knew to fix was restore back to 13.4.0. After restore all working again. Unfortunately I forgot that I had auto update selected and next day again my automations didn’t work. Again restore to 13.4.0 and all okay.

I am quite confident to say that 13.5.0 has an issue.

Did you update the websocket node in the pallette after the update?

Mine went completely sideways until I updated all the nodes. I also use the NR companion so I had to update that in HACS and restart BOTH HA and NR before everything stabilized.

So update NR, update NR companion, update pallette, restart ha, restart NR and then what happens?

Edit the server config and make sure the “I use the Home assistant add-on” is checked.

2 Likes

Not sure what the heck happened but I tried the update again today and it worked fine.

I didn’t make any changes just tried it again and okay. Strange.

After upgrading to NR 13.5, I get a lot of errors like this:
“ValidationError: “attributes.entities” must be one of [string, number, boolean, object]” when I try to update a ha node. The attributes.entitites is (in this case) an array of strings ([“A”, “B”]. This worked very well in 13.4. Entitites is defined as a J: expression. If I set entites = {a: 1, b: 2} it seems to work.
I have tried reloading the integration, restarting HA and NR. No change.

Please create an issue here https://github.com/zachowj/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/issues so I am able to track it and fix it.

1 Like

Done! #725