Node red 18.1.1

Hi all
I just updated to the latest NR version in Home Assistant. The buttons to trigger the inject node and to activate a debug node are not active ( light grey) so no way to inject an invent or activate a debug ??? After the upgrade, there was a message to update nodes or something ( I forgot ) and I agreed,

2 Likes

If you connect to Node-RED directly on port 1880 does everything work?

https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-node-red/issues/1921

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Yes if I connect directly it looks normal and the inject and debug both work normally.

Any Idea how to solve it in HA

Isaac

This is a SUPER ANNOYING problem introduced a few versions of the addon ago. I really hope this is solved quickly.

1 Like

My Node Red doesn’t work at all after the upgrade. No errors in the logs. The nodes don’t show running when the addon is restarted and also inject nodes are greyed out like OP says.

EDIT: It does work, but it doesn’t show any info below the Nodes.

I encountered this during the update. I restored the backup, restarted the host and my router. Installed the update again, reboot host and router and everything worked again.

Doesn’t work for me unfortunately. When did you update your nodes?

Did you restore the backup, restart the host, then upgraded to 18.1.1., then did a restart of the host again or did you update your nodes before the next host restart?

I was presented with 2 updates, one to 18.1. Then after that update another appeared right away for 18.1.1 which I updated to. When I tried NR, all entry points, it took a few minutes to load and then no inject.

I restored to the backup made by the 18.1 update. Even after restore of my old version I still had the same behavior. I restarted the host of ha not just the server. Restarted my router and my nvr. I was seeing lag all through my network. I also couldn’t open vscode either. I disabled browser mod as well.

After the restart it worked as expected. I then proceeded with the upgrade to 18.1.1 and it worked. I was already on the latest set of HA nodes before the 18.1 update.

I have the same Problem:
In the Web Interface the Status of the Nodes after 45 Minutes.
And high 40% Nodred Cpu usage
Starting with this Versions:
HA: 2024.8
Node red 18.0.5
Node-RED Companion Integration v4.02
node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket 0.67.2

Same problem…

Add-on version: 18.0.5
There is an update available for this add-on!
Latest add-on version: 18.1.1
Please consider upgrading as soon as possible.
System: Home Assistant OS 13.1 (amd64 / generic-x86-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2024.9.3
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2024.09.1

here also lots of problems

Google tts on media player nest mini not working

controlling lights with value from msg.payload value stops working / errors

multiple z2mqtt smart buttons filtered by switch nodes gave errors on call service nodes.

call service node to copy thermostat value to my Opentherm board also gave errors while it is no rocket sience
Set temperature on thermostat by getting value from an other
{“temperature”: $min([$entities(“climate.woonkamer”).attributes.temperature])}

conclusion 18.1.1 = Pain in the ***

@ikorpershoek, same here.
Version: core-2024.10.2
Installationstyp: Home Assistant OS (Intel NUC)
Node-Red addon: 18.1.1

What did I do to troubleshoot?

• checked the logs of HA-core
  • checked the logs of the NR-addon
  • tried different browsers (Brave, Firefox, Safari) on my Macbook M1
  • tried with- and without TLS (http, https) in my local network
  • tried the same steps as above with the Companion-App on my iPad locally
  • tried with the Companion-App on my iPad remotely via Nabu Casa Cloud
  • exported all nodes from NR, deleted the NR-addon, Re-installed the NR-addon, rebootet HA
  • restored a backup before 5 days
    Until here nothing led to an improvement.
  • I accessed the NR-server direct in my local network via homeassistant:1880. In this case I could activate an inject node and send a msg.payload which triggered a connected debug node and also a connected notify to mobile app (action node).

The measures and corresponding reactions listed above make me think that the HA-Server is running (and does not throw errors) and the NR-Server is running, too (also without errors in log-level"debug"), but the communication between these 2 servers is somehow interrupted in both directions if I connect the NR-WebGUI via Ingress.
But here ends my skill level.
Hope the experts can find the root cause and wipe it with the next update.

Think I found the problem. No solution.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, someone on Discord mentioned that it might work if accessed directly from local IP address and port 1880 but when I try to access Node Red this way it wants login info and I’ve tried everything I can think of but still can’t get it to load using the http://local_ip:1880/ anyone know how to try this out / does accessing Node Red this way allow it to run like normal again?

Use your home assistant user and password that you would use to log into ha

I’m embarrassed to say I don’t know that username and password anymore, whenever I access Home Assistant locally I always just use “trusted network” where do I find or change my Home Assistant username and password?

go to settings → people → user.