Node Red 3.0

Is Node Red 3.0 available for HA yet? I saw it was released the other day but it doesn’t show as an available update in HA.

The addon is not at 3.0 yet, last release was June 8th before 3.0. Anytime the “source” version of an addon is updated there will be a lag in the addon version for code changes, testing, etc

If you run it seperate of the addon in docker you can upgrade. I run node red in docker and can confirm everything is working well with home assistant and 3.0.

I’m sure the addon will be updated soon, you can track it here.

If you want 3.0 now you can install the Node red docker version. This is a good guide.

3.0 has some nice features, as discussed here. The junctions and right click menu are definitely a plus.

I’ve noticed problems with Home Assistant’s “render template” node in node red 3.0 (yeah, I upgraded the damn thing!). Seems that the template editor is missing. So far, no other issues.

If anyone has also experienced this, please let me know. If anyone has a fix, let me know.

Hopefully this will get sorted in an upcoming update.

I have a problem with renederating flows. It looks as if some components are missing. I will paste some images so you can see what I mean.

Yes, I just checked and confirm the same on my end as well. I can’t edit the render template at all - The existing ones there all seem to be working ok but I can’t edit or make changes.

I submitted a github issue to the node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket package. To me it would seem that package needs to be updated to be compatible with NR 3.0.

Fixed with the latest update this morning. Back in business.