Node-Red Action node for tts.microsoft.say

Before node-red v4.0.3 the action node for service TTS did include an entity such as media.player_ESPMuse_Muse_Luxe. After v.4.0.3 when service: tts.microsoft.say has chosen, the target selection has gone, and at left hand side of Deploy button an exclamation point about the node with the following warning message has shown as below.

• Entity ID ‘media_player.livingmuseluxe’ should be in the data property, not the target property, for the selected action.

How do I add the entity id in the json data field? Right now for some reason even there is warning, the flow still can send the speech to the correct media_player. But I am pretty sure it won’t work if there is new flow in the future which calls media_player TTS service with node red.

Services have become actions.

The Call service node has become Action node.

The target entity is now set within the data object.

Old service call:

New action:

The Domain and Service fields have been combined into one Action field
The Entity field has gone, and the entity is now added to the Data object as “entity_id”: “media_player.my_device”

Note that formally the target Entity was a UI field with dynamic entity search, and now you have to type in a string yourself, it is important to look this entity up and copy across correctly.

The notes / documentation for Actions within Home Assistant have been updated, however the Action node example at the bottom has yet to be changed to include the entity_id field.

If calling the action from an input message, then yes the msg.payload object needs to be something like

{
    "action": "tts.google_translate_say",
    "data": {
        "entity_id": "media_player.kitchen_display",
        "message": "it works"
    }
}

Hope this helps

Really annoying and less user friendly (when configuring in nodered), but thank you for showing how to solve it. Just a shame I have 50 of these issues and have to manually change everything.

1 Like

Do you have the newer set of nodes installed? Are they still functioning as is and does the warning tell you when it will be depreciated? The changes are reflective of the structural changes in HA. Some times don’t line up well and/or it’s an unforeseen consequence changing to the new format.

The latter is usually addressed in further releases. If it is working you might want to hold off and see if it’s addressed in a newer version.

Web socket nodes are updated more frequently than the addon. Those updates are not pushed to the user but can be installed by using the palette manger.