Node-red "connecting" after 0.105.2

Hi

I just updated from 0.104.3 to 0.105.2 and now I get a “connecting” in node-red?

Am I missing a setting?

Fixed it.
Set a new password in “credential_secret” - restart add-on.
Changing “credential_secret” back to the old password - restart add-on.

That did the trick :slight_smile:

This fix didn’t work for me. Has anyone found any alternative? I’m still left with the connecting issue after resetting the credential_secret + restarting then resetting the credential_secret + restarting again.

This started happening after upgrading to 0.105.2

No problems for me running HAC 0.105.2 and NodeRED v1.0.3 :slight_smile:

Are you restarting the add-on or your home assistant?

Yes, I was restarting the node-red add-on. I also tried clearing the cache restarting the home assistant. I reverted back to 0.104.3 and node-red connected again. I saw 0.105.3 was released today, so I’ll see if I have better luck with that version.

I wanted to let you know I had no issues when upgrading to 0.105.3.

Thx. I will give 0.105.3 a try :+1:

So my connecting issue has returned in Home Assistant 0.105.4. I tried deleting my node red plugin and reinstall it along with all the settings. The problem still exists so I don’t think it’s a problem with my specific install.

Is anyone else still seeing this issue with node red?

Is anyone else still seeing this issue with node red?

No issues for me!

Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 01.15.39

Running HAC 0.105.4 with Node-RED v1.0.3 :slight_smile:

Okay, I’m running node red version 6.0.4 in HassOS 3.11.
Maybe that’s the difference.

I was hoping to see more people with this problem before posting my logs. Since this happened after a version update, and everything was working before the update, I assumed others would have issues too.

The node-red logs show
[error] [server:Home Assistant] [object Object]

…which is not super useful.

In the node-red logs, I consistently see
[info] [mqtt-broker:Hassio Mosquito Broker] Connection failed to broker: node-red@https://192.168.xx.xx

The Mosquito Broker logs show the following for all clients trying to connect
Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting

I see this error in the system logs

RuntimeError: unable to perform operation on <TCPTransport closed=True reading=False 0x719bedc0>; the handler is closed
20-02-18 20:52:56 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished coro=<WebSocketWriter.ping() done, defined at /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/http_websocket.py:631> exception=RuntimeError('unable to perform operation on <TCPTransport closed=True reading=False 0x719d8dc0>; the handler is closed')>

I assumed the issue would go away after future updates, but after a few updates since 0.105 the Node-Red connection issue still persists. Does anyone have an idea what could be the root cause of this problem?

For people Googling, Node-RED will show Home Assistant elements as “Connecting” if your Home Assistant is still starting up. This includes if you have an integration preventing HA from starting up completely.