Node Red - Debug stopped working after update

Dear folk of the red nodes;

I am running HASSIO, after the latest updates my Node Red no longer shows anything when debugging. It also doesn’t show the feedback of latest actions (see my screenshot - ripped off a sample here).

The code runs - I have a few tabs and they do work as before, I just can’t debug. Any ideas around this? I searched but could not see anyone starting a thread around this?

Many thanks.

There is no debug node in the sequence as I can see.

I suppose he does mean node statuses. If it doesn’t change then I would say this node doesn’t change its state

If that is the case then I see nothing wrong.

PIR triggered 10:25 and there is a five minute delay, reached call service at 10:30.

Garage PIR triggered at 10:28 and there is a 5 minute delay, lights off at 10:33.

Nothing wrong as far as I can see.

Hi guys, that’s not my routine. I am saying in my routines where I add a debug, they don’t fire. Also when my routines run they don’t show the feedback under the nodes as in that ‘random’ screenshot I found elsewhere on this forum :: the bit that says ‘light turn off called at blablablabla’. Those are no longer showing in my Node Red. I have tried dozens of debug nodes that used to work, on various tabs, now none of them work. (they are switched on). I’ve not figured out what caused this to stop. The only thing I did was update to the latest Node Red and Hassio…

Thanks

1 Like

I’m having the same issue since update.

1 Like

@kwalkington please post if you managed to fix this… most annoying

Showing nodes status can be toggled in NR configuration. Maybe it got somehow disabled.

Thanks for that,
I just checked and mine is on:

I will switch it off and reboot and on and reboot and report back… this just started after the last update… ( I updated to latest HASSIO and NR at the same time).

**** NOT SOLVED *****
I can confirm that for me that did not work. I disabled that - rebooted, enabled it again and rebooted and it is still not working. No Debug either. I also tried turning all options on, but that did nothing either.

It’s strange.
Which ver of NR do you have? I have 1.3.3 installed (add-on v9.0.1). Most recent stable is 1.3.4.

9.1.3?

9.1.3 is a version of add-on.
In NR, check its version in hamburger menu.
If it is a bug I would say it’s NR bug, not integration one. But who knows.

You can also ask for help with debugging the problem on NodeRed forum. I found it really friendly.

And if you have a backup, you can try to restore nodered only and see if it brings statuses back.

Ah, it is 1.3.5… is there a way to downgrade?

I will try the forum (If I can find them) thanks

Not sure (I don’t know how). But if you have a backup, either full or partial (HA can make partial backup during NR update), then you can restore only selected component.

Those guys suggested it is a web socket issue… but I checked and I am on the latest one… thought I’d drop that here incase it helps anyone?

@maxym thanks, fortunately I have regular automated backups to my NAS, I’ll drop down to pre-update for now…

If it was home-assistant-websocket package issue then only HA related nodes would be affected. Thus it shouldn’t affect native NR nodes.
Also I would expect those HA nodes stop working at all.
I initially understood that everything works except you cannot see statuses/debug messages on all nodes.

If HA nodes don’t work at all, then yes, likely web-socket package or NodeRed Companion addon (see HACS) might require an update.

I’ll try to update my NR during the weekend, then I will be able to tell if I can reproduce this issue.

Thanks, you are correct, everything works, I just can’t debug / see status. I updated to HA 2021-06-1 today to see if that would help, but it didn’t - only broke my Developer Tools - Service node! So I think I better backtrack.

Same here,

I fixed it downgrading to add-on version 9.0.1 node-red version 1.3.3, this is the latest with debug working.

cheers

Try hard refreshing the NR page.