Node Red Device Domain

I have a template cover that made for my garage door opener using a relay and a tilt sensor. When I try to make automations in node red using this new entity and I select:
Domain: cover
Serivce: close_cover
Entity Id:
my template cover does not show up in the list of entities. Any ideas why its not listed as a cover in node red?

Here’s my config:

cover:
  - platform: template
    covers: 
      new_garage_door:
       device_class: garage
       friendly_name: "New Garage Door"
       value_template: >-
              {% if is_state('binary_sensor.ecolink_garage_door_tilt_sensor_sensor', 'on') %}
                open
              {% else %}
                closed
              {% endif %} 
       open_cover:
          - service: switch.turn_on
            data:
              entity_id: switch.shelly1_e8db84d638e8
       close_cover:
            data:
       stop_cover:
            data:
       icon_template: >-
        {% if is_state('cover.new_garage_door', 'open') %}
          mdi:garage-open
        {% else %}
          mdi:garage
        {% endif %}

type or paste code here

Does it work from HA? Can you call the service from dev tools and open/close the cover?

Yes it does. It works perfectly. I can also use the services tab in developer tools and it shows up when I select close.cover. it shows up as cover.new_garagr_door. It just doesn’t show up in node red at all. I’ve tried restarting HA to refresh node red but it still doesn’t show up.

Inside the call service node, the HA server dropdown list, where it says add a new server, is there more than one home assistant server?

What happens if you manually add the entity to the call service node, just type it in even though it doesn’t auto populate, deploy and trigger. Does the entity respond or is there anything in the debug window?