Node-RED HA Nodes Disconnected After Updating node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket to v0.12.3 from v0.11.0

Hi all, and thanks in advance, as usual. :slight_smile:

I’m running Node-RED in a Docker container (alongside unifi, ha, letsencrypt, and portainer). HA is at 0.94.0 and works great.

Yesterday, I updated node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket to 0.12.3 from 0.11.0 (I’m about 75% sure this was the version I was at). After doing so, without changing anything else, suddenly all of my HA nodes show “disconnected” or “no connection”. I did not change the HA server node base URL or access token.

So far, I’ve tried restarting my Node-RED and HA containers (multiple times, in every possible order) and creating a new access token, neither of which helped.

To be clear, I don’t get the big error that says “Lost connection to server, reconnecting…” which appears when you have the wrong HA URL or port.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Try making a superficial change a node and hit deploy.

Yep, tried that. Sorry, should have mentioned.

Also, FWIW, the list of entities doesn’t flow through for auto-complete.

I think I’m going to back up my flows and create a new Node-RED container from scratch (pull new image, restore backup flows, etc.) and see if that does the trick. I’m assuming it will. I hope it will!

I had a similar problem when installing 0.12.3 for the first time, there was a syntax error. The fix was to get the docker container with a v10 tag instead of latest i.e. using nodered/node-red-docker:v10
instead of nodered/node-red-docker:latest which is tag v8 which I assume is the Node API version and that 0.12.3 needs the v10 API.