Node red logs > 100 lines or so?

Is there any way to get Node Red to have more than 100 or so lines of log? I’ve seen this asked in a dozen or so places but never with any answer, hoping time has passed and now there is one.

Alternatively, I’ve seen mention of Flogger, but that contributed node is almost 6 years old, a bit scary using one no longer maintained.

I am writing debug output and something is occurring only a few times a day, and I need to see the debug that led up to it, but I never catch it in time.

I’ve also dropped to the shell and just searched for it under a variety of names, but never found it – happy to grab it from the HAOS shell if it is there somewhere and longer.

But just making it 10,000 or some such lines would be much better than 100.

Linwood

Tried flogger, but most of my logging is from a function node, and I do not see a way to call flogger from javascript. Is there?

I haven’t found a way to increase it permanantly but you can see another 150 lines or so using the portainer addon. Once it’s installed open the web ui, choose containers, click on the nodered container. Click on the logs.

Change the number of lines and then download the logs. This program has permissions that can wreck your installation, don’t play around with it.

Ok, got that far, I’ll have to wait perhaps for it to build up more data, as I didn’t get more lines even changing it. But I had just restarted HA (so I could do a VM snapshot just in case)

Thank you.

Last attempt I managed to get 1780 lines (I think since the last restart), so this was very helpful.

1 Like