Node red notify service stopped working

Hi

I upgraded to 0.86.3 and now all my notify are broken in not red.

All I get in the logs is:

Error call service, home assistant api error. Error Message: Service not found.

Nothing in the ha / hassio logs.

Anyone got any idea on how to troubleshoot it?

• Changing the server in node red, - using API key, long life token
  • Call from the dev-service work - so unlikely to be the app
  • Calls from node red to other service work e.g. turn on light. Just notify service that doesn’t seem to work.

Cheers

Same here. Was working a few hours ago.
I am using the Alexa media service custom plugin but until I read your post I didn’t realize it was just node red. I’m on 86.1

Having the same problem.

I restored a backup from a few weeks ago. The upgraded to 86 seems didn’t break it.

The node-red plugin is still at 1.1 i wonder if that caused it - not had time to risk the upgrade yet

I have same issue . anyone find a fix. Thing is mine has been working fine on 87 for a week then broke today.

Upgraded to 87… and it broke again

I encountered the same error with some of my notifications, but not all of them. Notifications after a call service node stopped worked, but notifications after a state node or switch node worked fine.

I was able to get the notifications following a call service node to work by modifying the preceding call service node and setting the output location to none. So far no ill effects.

FYI I’m on 87.1 with NR plugin 1.3.2

I worked it out… for some reason there a number of notify services. In old version they all worked. Only the short one does now.

Currently having the same issue on latest HA version 2018.8.8
Any hints what the problem is?

Somethings not configured right? maybe? possibly? who knows? If only we could only see how the node was configured but alas it seems to elude us. :man_shrugging: