Node-Red: Open Cover a nudge or set_cover_position + x or -x

Hi Community,

I have a little challenge and yet to find a solution. I have blinds/Covers that not only open up or close, but also, if you open them up just a little (1-2%) in any position they will open up and let light in.

Now I would like to find a way to tell the cover to just move a bit (1 or 2%). Any suggestions?

I dont have a target position, I just wanted to move it from the current position 1% up or down to open or close the blinds.

Thanks already, my brain is frozen right now and I suppose it is probably easy for many of you.

Cheers

I don’t have a cover to test this with but this is the basic idea. It will add 1 to the current position, I assume 100 is fully open, if not subtract 1

[{"id":"09758f487b840660","type":"inject","z":"f80b6c338afd5483","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":200,"y":300,"wires":[["215a139a27b5129b"]]},{"id":"215a139a27b5129b","type":"api-current-state","z":"f80b6c338afd5483","name":"","server":"","version":2,"outputs":2,"halt_if":"$entity().attributes.current_position","halt_if_type":"jsonata","halt_if_compare":"is","entity_id":"cover.my_cover","state_type":"num","blockInputOverrides":false,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"payload + 1","valueType":"jsonata"}],"override_topic":false,"state_location":"payload","override_payload":"msg","entity_location":"data","override_data":"msg","x":520,"y":300,"wires":[["027b11ae45c5029c"],[]]},{"id":"027b11ae45c5029c","type":"api-call-service","z":"f80b6c338afd5483","name":"","server":"","version":3,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"cover","service":"set_cover_position","entityId":"","data":"{\"entity_id\":\"cover.my_cover\",\"position\":\"{{payload}}\"}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":890,"y":300,"wires":[[]]}]

could you please show a screenshot from the current state and attributes from your cover under developer tools?

I understand you want to open or close in increments of 1 or 2 %? so, if it is currently sitting at 53%, open or close it to 55% or 51%, right?

Hey @Mikefila , how you doing :slight_smile: ?

How does that ()entity.attibutes.etc thing work? could you please elaborate or give some documentation?

thanks

Not bad when I am not making problems for myself, lol. I pulled it out of one of these 2 posts

I haven’t found one main page, if that’s what you were looking for. I find all bits and pieces like this for pushing a friendly name in to a notify template.

1 Like

https://zachowj.github.io/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/guide/jsonata.html

2 Likes