Node Red problems after upgrading to core 2022.4.0 - Home assistant entity nodes not sending attribute data

After upgrading none of my Home Assistant entity nodes are are sending attribute data back to Home assistant. I only get the state and friendly name. My attributes are gone. Anyone else with the same problem? So I decided to downgrade again and I got my attributes back. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Edit: The Solution is installing the node red companion integration through hacs. Thanks @ClassicGOD

1 Like

Same problem for me

There was also Node-RED Companion Integration update at the same time, meke sure your Node-Red and the companion are up to date.

I tested by pushing timestamp to attribute on test entity and it works as intended for me.

1 Like

I am running Node Red Companion 11.1.1. It works fine with core 2022.3.8, but I can´t get it to work with 2022.4.0.

That is not the companion integration version, that is Node-Red addon version.
Don’t know how you installed your companion but if it what through HACS then check there for update.

1 Like

Ok. This solved the issue. Thank you!
But I had to install Node-Red Companion via Hacs. I didn’t had to install it before.

@ClassicGOD . I honestly don’t remember how I installed it way back when, but going through Hacs, I have everything working again. So thank you for your help :slight_smile:

I assume you both installed in manually long time ago and it got far enough out of date that it was no longer compatible. Having it in HACS definitely makes it easier to update :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Node-Red flow doesn’t work anymore also. I have installed the Node-Red add-on:

I don’t remember that I have installed the Node-RED Companion Integration. Do I have to install this to get it working again?

PS. Running core-2022.4.1 in Docker in Ubuntu.

Hello,

After updating the supervisor to supervisor-2022.04.0 Node red Stopped working again
In the supervisor log it says: [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API error: Received message 8:0 is not WSMsgType.TEXT maybe a hint why its not working…

I am experiencing the exact same right now. Latest Node Red (14.3.0) and Companion (2.0). On synchronizing sensors, Supervisor Log bumps the same set of logging:

23-07-15 08:46:59 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API request initialize
23-07-15 08:46:59 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] WebSocket access from a0d7b954_nodered
23-07-15 08:46:59 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API request running
23-07-15 08:47:16 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API error: Received message 8:0 is not WSMsgType.TEXT
23-07-15 08:47:16 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API connection is closed