Node red renamed all entitys with a "_2"

Hi There

I have a problem with node red. On any point the entity name which was created in node red like this flow:

The entity name is still the same in node red, but when I search the entity in home assistant, all Entitys have a β€œ_2” in the name end. Does anybody know how I can Change this?

Mine too. You can probably change them back in the Node-Red Companion integration.

Sounds like the original set has been orphaned.
Try removing the orphaned ones in the HA entities list and then restart.

If that does not change the _2 back to the original ones, then you might be able to stop Node Red and set it to not startup, reboot and then try to remove the _2 also.

Remove the orphan/old entity if it exists. Click on the _2 entity from the dashbord, settingd, then just rename the entity by removing _2 and click update.

I know this is an old thread, but this is still happening on updated versions of Node Red addon, and companion. It happens sporadically, always in restart (not all restarts), and it changes the original name with name_2. Since they are created from NR and not from Home Assistant, they do not have a unique ID and so it cannot be deleted from the GUI.

After changing all dashboards/flows to use the new name, it works fine, but suddenly later it changes back after a restart again.

Has anyone found a way to prevent this from happening, and not just fixing it when it’s happened?

1 Like

I have the same, any solution?

https://github.com/zachowj/hass-node-red/issues/126#issuecomment-1056123018