Node RED - set temperature - how to make it work?

Hi, i´m a beginner trying to learn NodeRed basics by myself. I learn by creating simple flows and need help with the following task:

I want to set temperature of my HomematicIP thermostat to 24Celsius using NodeRed on Hass.io but get the following debug message - why??? Please help

On the ‘Server’ click the pencil (on the right) and check the ‘I use Home assistant Add-on’ box

Hi and thanks - checked but was already activated. Any other advice what to check / change?

Not sure if this will work, but you also need to remove the quotes from the temperature setting value i.e {“temperature”: 24}

Done but didnt change the server error. Dont understand why nodeRed connection works with other services like hue, also seeing the enteties of my thermostats. In HA i can set temps without any problem…!

Its definitely related to your Server settings, because it works for me…

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 6.58.21 PM

Do your other HA call Service nodes work ?

Thanks a lot for getting into my problem - its driving me crazy. Yes, other call service like light works fine as you can see in the screenshot below. Do i have to set server settings manually when using the Homeatic IP Cloud integration on HA with nodered?

It makes no sense… I’m sorry I have no idea about using the Homeatic IP Cloud integration. Once I established the Server setting by checking the ‘use HA Add-on’ , all my service calls have always just worked.

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: thanks for trying to help

Since you can set the temperature in HA without any issues, I can help you with a work around for this problem until we find a permanent solution. First you have to create a script in HA for setting the temperature to 24 degrees. Then call this script from nodered

Just to be sure… did the entity “auto fill”? If not restart node red and try again…

I dont know what happend…didnt change anything but now its running like it should. Thanks to all of you - im very happy i found a place to get answers, help and support!

1 Like

Then the reason wasthe entity was not “populated” to node red. Restart or time solves the issue then.